Forums Latest Members

Omeg constellation vintage 14k fake or original ???

1. Bob_88 Sep 4, 2016

Hi
    The watch is an Omega constellation , 18k 0.750. Weighs 33g Swiss made I'm not sure Is a original or fake ?????
    Size 3.8cm x 2.8cm
    If someone as an idea please let me know !

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png
  2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 4, 2016

The dial says automatic but that's a Quartz. Something not right there. Probably should google the reference number 8306 to see what it should be.

3. Bob_88 Sep 4, 2016

I can't find anything in Google about this watch

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 4, 2016

I can't make it out in the picture, but is the movement marked "Omega"? I imagine it's either a bad redial with the correct movement, a replaced and incorrect movement with a correct dial, or a total fake.

5. Bob_88 Sep 4, 2016

I will ask my friend for better photo because this watch still for sale I have to be sure before i will buy

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 4, 2016

Door number 2 - ref. 8306 uses a Cal. 712 automatic, and it appears that the original movement has been replaced with a quartz movement. Not uncommon before vintage watches became so precious and people wanted better timekeeping to make such conversions. They were installing "state of the art" timekeeping likely when this was done.

Even the original dial feet are still on the back of the dial, so this one appears to be done about as respectfully as something like this can be done. If you could source a 712 movement, I think it could fairly easily be put right again.

Not sure I would buy this problem unless I really loved it though, as right now it's worth gold scrap value...

Cheers, Al

GuiltyBoomerang and Bob_88 like this.
  7. Bob_88 Sep 4, 2016

Thanks All
    I have 5 days before I wil decide to buy it

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 4, 2016

Genuine watch with a Ronda quartz replacement movement.

As Al said, scrap value unless it has sentimental attachments.

I would not buy it.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.