Forums Latest Members
  1. Oskar21 Aug 12, 2016

can someone herr help me with this one don't know anything about it , found it in my granpas house , thank you

image.jpeg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 12, 2016

Terrible fake.

Sorry.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 12, 2016

Maybe it should be a requirement, when joining the site, that you're forced to read the stickies before gaining access.

Willem023 likes this.
  4. toomann Aug 12, 2016

I have a feeling if it were up to you there wouldn't be many members on this forum since they would never measure up to your expectations. Maybe you ought to lighten up a bit.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 12, 2016

Well, there wouldn't be so many "hey how much my watch worth from my uncle" members I 'spose.

The people here get a bit pissed of when a lot of the new members just want a price or info so they can flog their crap somewhere else.

The ones who ask for help/advice, acknowledge that and move on are the rare exceptions, and the ones who stay on are even rarer, but are appreciated more.

6. toomann Aug 12, 2016

I understand that. And all the complaining is never going to eliminate that type of person. I guess I expect a higher level of tolerance from forum members. Try to treat people as you would like to be treated. Even when they act in a manner you don't like. Be kind and move on. If you don't like those types of post, just don't respond. They will eventually get the hint. Some may not. Hope I'm making some sort of sense.

wwhntr likes this.
  7. ac106 Aug 12, 2016

Mistake #1

If you stick around for any length of time, you will come to be annoyed by these posts too. They occur constantly and they are all lies! There are never any "uncles". There is no emotional attachment to the watch. 99% of the time its some dodgy antique picker who found the watch at a flea market or yard sale and is trying to cash in.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  8. toomann Aug 12, 2016

I get it. I've been a member of a lot of forums over the years based on my interests. Vintage watches just happen to be a new interest of mine. I've loved watches all my life. Started admiring automatics in the early 90's. I came to age when quartz watches were all the rage. I can still remember my first watch. A mickey mouse watch in the very early 70's maybe 1971 or 2, it was an automatic. Then the quartz watches started to hit the market at an affordable price. It wasn't until the early 90's when like I said I realized the craftsmanship of the automatic and started buying only automatic watches.Getting back to your response, People that use forums like what you describe unfortunately are always going to exist. I don't like them either. So I share your distain for them. But I'm not going to waste time and energy by making comments that I know will not matter to them. Just my opinion but like I said - I understand where your coming from.

wwhntr likes this.
  9. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 12, 2016

Perhaps, instead of telling me about myself, you think about my suggestion. The stickies are very informative to the new member but 99.9% never read them before posting. If the majority had, they would have a pretty damn good idea what's fake and what isn't; they would know that few on this board are clairvoyant and request clear, hi-resolution photos to provide the best possible information; they would know doing some of your their own research not only endears them to members it actually educates them on what and what not to look for. Taking the time to learn about the forum and what's asked makes for a better community, even if there are fewer members.

10. toomann Aug 12, 2016

I understand your suggestion and most logical thinking people would do exactly as you wish. Unfortunately your dealing with the opposite. Illogical thinkers. I know. I come across them all the time. Getting upset over it is not going to change them. I know. I've went down that road. Face the facts, You can list all the information. Put it right in front of them and you'll still have a hand full who will ask rather than look it up themselves. Just the way it is.

Baz9614 likes this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 12, 2016

And don't forget the part where they do not bother to say hello/ introduce themselves, and barely take 10 seconds to compose a single poorly-written sentence followed by woefully inadequate photos. At least in this particular case the single photo was more then enough to show the watch is not a real Omega.

12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 12, 2016

If you accept mediocrity, you'll continue to get mediocrity. Expect the best and you'll get it.

tpatta likes this.
  13. Pvt-Public Aug 12, 2016

Fixed that for ya ! :whistling::D

14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 12, 2016

Just another reason we're ::censored:: as a civilization.

Pvt-Public likes this.
  15. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 12, 2016

My uncle brought this watch back from the future.. I don't need a valuation, I know it's priceless. I just thought this thread needed more pics..

urwerk-ur-202-altin-watch.jpg

16. Canuck Aug 12, 2016

You may have noticed that oscar21 has not returned with a second post in this thread. I suspect he feels adequately chastised! Let's ease up on him, maybe?

Baz9614 likes this.
  17. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 12, 2016

This thread hasn't been about him since the OP.

18. omegastar Aug 13, 2016

Are from Portugal ?
    It looks like the watch has an import marking on the upper left lug. Is the marking legit or fake. I am wondering what happened if legit ? Did the Portuguese customs know it was fake ?