Forums Latest Members
  1. JMillion Oct 20, 2014

Hi all,

I got a beautiful old Omega from my Grand father and I was wondering which model it was. I have been searching the web, and it looks to me that it could be a 105-002 or 105.003. Anybody would know? It is in very good condition.
    I had it fully serviced (not restored, no part was changed) last year. I understand the model number should be written inside the back, is that correct?
    Thanks

IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0024.JPG
  2. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Oct 20, 2014

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm sure they will ask, at least to start with: Hopefully the whom-so-ever that did the "revision" returned the original hands they replaced.

Yes, inside the case-back will give you the model #. If and when you have it removed please post scans, inside and out, plus movement showing the serial #. Again the real guys will tell all.

However the bezel looks almost too good to be original. If so - WOW!

3. TNTwatch Oct 20, 2014

Very nice watch! Mint bezel but a bit polished case. Either a 105.002 or even better 2998 (which is the same in some variation). Best to open and take pictures of the inside.

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 20, 2014

No. If it has just been serviced, it is advisable not to take the back off of it, thus avoiding the possible ingress of dust and the possibility of causing any damage either to the case back or the movement. It would be better to contact your watchmaker and ask him if he has a record of the markings inside the case back and the serial number of the movement.

At today's prices this is probably a $5,000 watch, not a toy.

5. JMillion Oct 20, 2014

Bezel is original and this was confirmed by my watchmaker who did the servicing. But I did not ask him for the model, and this is why I was asking here on the forum. Everything works perfectly, and the watch looks stunning. Seems like it is a 2998.

6. TNTwatch Oct 20, 2014

Good advice, Stewart. I should have put a disclaimer there, but how could one cause damage to the movement by opening the back of this $5000 toy, if one is capable of opening it? Just curious.

7. TNTwatch Oct 20, 2014

The dial resembles earlier 2998 models, so this is more like a $10k "toy"...;)

8. Skv Oct 21, 2014

Stunning watch. Wear it with care!