Forums Latest Members
  1. tdn-dk Oct 17, 2014

Have got a pair of new items.

A letter from 1920 to the Swedish Omega Agent J. P. Brandt in Stockholm from a watchmaker. with a stamp with "The Spirit of exact time" on

I little Omega aluminium box stamped Omega J.P. Brandt (for movements or ??)

A case opener dont know the age, but looks old.

A stamp from the Los Angeles Olympic 1932

Lets see some of your old Omega stuff... :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Georgieboy58, TNTwatch, Gavin and 8 others like this.
  2. John R Smith Oct 17, 2014

The little tin was (and sometimes still is) used by watchmakers for storing and shipping all sorts of watch parts, often packed in cotton wool. That is a particularly nice one. What does the letter say?

3. tdn-dk Oct 17, 2014

It is actually just the envelope, found on an auction for stamps, but i think it is fun the letter is to the general Omega Agent and has this Omega sticker on it.

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Oct 17, 2014

Lovely early Omega memorabilia!

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 18, 2014

Went to my Mums months back and got the daily paper special from 1969 with Moon landing IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0615.JPG

boat2dan and Privateday7 like this.
  6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 18, 2014

I have one or two old papers, and some old stuff :

Shop tags :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Box :
    [​IMG]

case openers :
    [​IMG]

Watch stand :
    [​IMG]

Spare parts boxes :
    [​IMG]

7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 18, 2014

The bakelite box in that color is spectacular !
    I think I have seen green and maybe brown but that is my favorite.

8. tdn-dk Oct 23, 2014

Omega pocket kalendar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TNTwatch, Tritium and Emeister like this.
  9. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Oct 23, 2014

Some very cool stuff you've got there :cool: .
    Love the envelope but the calendar above would really slot nicely in my collection :rolleyes: . Think I might have seen just one before, so they're pretty rare I'd say. Anything properly listed around those early years after the moon landing seems to go for crazy money (especially if it has that 'blued' craters artwork on it), but I live in hope of finding something like this in 'lots' of old drawer/biscuit tin sales.

Interesting the months run from April 1970 to March 1971, I wonder how many different versions there are?
    How did Rolex do their's? Issue a new version every quarter?

I've only really managed to pick up some old brochures and catalogues / catalogs. It's fun to hunt them down when the watch fund is low (the last few years :( ).

What else does Naiad (water nymph?) refer to in respect of Omega? (as seen on the back of one of your case openers) I've only seen it mentioned in relation to the crowns on sixties SM300's.

10. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Oct 23, 2014

We need Yann, Tire-comedon, to join us, but the "Naiad" was introduced in the '30's (37) as the first water resistant model to 20 meters with a gasket located in the crown tube and was advertised with cool speed boat and water skiing posters.

I have one, for now.
    IMGP3740.JPG

Shown on page 130 of AJTT.

11. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 25, 2014

Hi,
    The Naiad was a waterproof watch line launched by Omega, in 1937 with a 23.4SC Inside. The first generation of Naiads was the CK2064, the one posted by UncleBuck.

Here a little swedish leaflet from this period :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regarding the case opener it was produced to open this Naiad first gen, I had written a little post on it, it's here : http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-naiad-not-a-watch-this-time.7582/.

After this post, I found a 1939 catalog presenting the Naiad CK2064 :
    [​IMG]

More interesting, this catalog was used to distribute to watchmakers the case opener for CK 2064. It was inserted in a folder in its cover , with instructions for use ... :
    [​IMG]

TNTwatch, UncleBuck and Emeister like this.