Forums Latest Members
  1. Maxskold Jul 14, 2019

image.jpg image.jpg Can someone tell me a little bit more about this? Going through my heirlooms. Thanks in advance

2. marturx Jul 14, 2019

An old and broken Omega pocketwatch in sub par condition. No economical value. What else do you need to know?

3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 14, 2019

If you can open the back and get a picture of the movement that would tell us a lot more

4. AriTheWatchmaker Jul 14, 2019

It looks like an early 1900's watch- maybe 1920's or so, which is what Omega made that got their name on the map.
    Condition is a bit beat up, but with an overhaul, crystal replacement, and new bow (around winding crown) it would be a great family heirloom to have.
    Value isnt tremendous, and likely the repairs will be about or close to the value at present. Looks like a coin-silver case at first glance.
    People sometimes think watches are worthless or should be free, but a family watch is something special, and almost any early omega is a great watch. Who knows what the movement condition is like though

Maxskold likes this.
  5. Maxskold Jul 14, 2019

Haha, yeah it looks like the watch has gone through a war. However, it runs and keeping time ok. I’m not concerned about value or anything, since the overall shape is really bad.

I’m just curious about the age, when my grandfather died, he left me his entire watch collection. So I have a lot of old watches that I don’t know anything about. However, I’ve always been interested about watches and want to learn as much as possible. This omega was bought brand new by my grandfathers grandfather according to some notes that he made.

6. Maxskold Jul 14, 2019

Thanks for the answer! Yeah, it’s a great heirloom!