Old omega geneve automatic gold, HELP

Dear Forum,

I would like to ask for your help with the description and aprox price of this watch. I can not find It in internet, is quite rare because is square and gold.

Regards,

Among other complications, you would need to specify the gold content. 18k? 14k?

Among other complications, you would need to specify the gold content. 18k? 14k?
Thank you for your reply, Tony. To be honest, I do not know because it is an inheritance and has no paperwork. Could you really differentiate in the picture if it's gold or gold-plated? And what would be your estimation with the different gold quality?

Solid 18k, or even 14k, would add significant value to the watch. 9k would be worth less, and plating much less. I suspect that it is solid, as it has an "integral" bracelet, likely made of the same material.

Another complication is that it is not very desirable in the collectors market because of the style. That's not to say that there wouldn't be any interest, but it would be very low, relative to the many, many more desirable models on the market.

For that reason, the gold content is, sadly, the most important variable. You could discover the content by having a watchmaker remove the back of the case, as it will be stamped inside.

Solid 18k, or even 14k, would add significant value to the watch. 9k would be worth less, and plating much less. I suspect that it is solid, as it has an "integral" bracelet, likely made of the same material.

Another complication is that it is not very desirable in the collectors market because of the style. That's not to say that there wouldn't be any interest, but it would be very low, relative to the many, many more desirable models on the market.

For that reason, the gold content is, sadly, the most important variable. You could discover the content by having a watchmaker remove the back of the case, as it will be stamped inside.
Hi Tony, I have opened, its 18k, what would be your BEST price?

Hi Tony, I have opened, its 18k, what would be your BEST price?

I think you misunderstood. He was trying to help. I doubt he was interested in purchasing the watch…

It’s pretty easy though: Have the movement/dial removed, any half-competent watchmaker can do that. Put the rest on a scale. Google 18k melt value and do the math. This is a prime example of a watch that’s just melt value, unfortunately.

I think you misunderstood. He was trying to help. I doubt he was interested in purchasing the watch…

It’s pretty easy though: Have the movement/dial removed, any half-competent watchmaker can do that. Put the rest on a scale. Google 18k melt value and do the math. This is a prime example of a watch that’s just melt value, unfortunately.
Excuse my lack of concreteness, I was not trying to sell It, just to know from a competent data source the potencial value of the watch, but I see that I can just value as gold... I'll save It and ask again in the future. Thanks for your help.

I think you misunderstood .

I think there’s a language issue here, and the OP was asking for Tony’s best estimate. That’s how I took it at least.

I agree that the value of this watch is mainly in the gold. Unfortunately it is just not a very desirable style currently. It also appears that there is some damage to the crystal in the upper right corner, so be careful not to allow any moisture inside the watch, or you will have damage. Of course, if you are going to sell it for the gold content, this doesn't matter, but if it has sentimental value to you and you might want to restore it, then you should try to avoid further damage.

Thanks everyone for your help, if anyone could light any further insight I will deeply appreciate.

Have a nice day