Old Genève assessment

Hello OF!

I would welcome your assessment on this watch - Geneve cursive 2903.

The dial looks very nice, question about possible missing marker at 6? (although this can be fine on some references according to my research).

The case (rose gold the seller says, although it looks gold to me) seems polished but I can still see chamfers on the lugs.

What do you think of the condition overall?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1114.jpeg IMG_1115.jpeg IMG_1116.jpeg IMG_1117.jpeg IMG_1118.jpeg IMG_1119.jpeg IMG_1120.jpeg IMG_1122.jpeg IMG_1124.jpeg IMG_1121.jpeg

Dial and movement give a nice appearance. The case is beat, looks terminal.

I studied the early cursive Geneves before acquiring one. I had the same question about a possible missing marker at the 6 'o'clock position on some I was watching on Ebay, but apparently some dial styles came without a marker on that position.

Like 1
Wait – the seller claims that the case back is also gold?! Difficult to believe, based on that image.

As mentioned above, not all early models had indices at 6.

Like 2
It's in well worn condition, lugs have lost plating so it's not a collectable but if you like it..........

No hallmarks anywhere, stainless caseback = gold plated.

Like 4
The lower right lug is in very poor condition. Gold cap is split. The hands look to be rose gold, not sure about case with theses photos. Movement looks kinda dirty.

Like 1
Wait – the seller claims that the case back is also gold?! Difficult to believe, based on that image.

As mentioned above, not all early models had indices at 6.

Ok, indices. I knew there was a superior term. Just couldn't call it to mind.

Like 2
Ok thanks everyone for your input. As always very useful.

If anyone has this reference or an earlier 2748 type of ref, feel free to drop me a message! :whistling::whistling:

I have a steel cased 2903. The cursive Geneves typically have three possible issues. The first is moisture intrusion which often resulted in dial deterioration. The second is that the chamfers on the lugs have often been polished away. The third is that the original crown is no longer made and has often been replaced. Here are photos of mine, which is unpolished and correct for the reference, for comparison:
upload_2023-8-8_15-42-45.jpeg
upload_2023-8-8_15-44-31.jpeg

Like 6
Nothing much to "say" that hasn't been written already...
Correct crowns are a pain to find.
I agree it looks YG to me too
The only thing to compare is my RG furniture one
image.jpg

Like 3
Thanks, yeah it looks great! 4 years hunting it if I recall from my readings. I think I have read almost every post on 2903 and variations from the forum :D @gbesq

I am still fairly new when it comes to watches, and I find it difficult to assess the quality of a case (especially all the gradients in between polished and unpolished). Sometimes the pictures aren’t really helping either.

Like 1
Nothing much to "say" that hasn't been written already...
Correct crowns are a pain to find.
I agree it looks YG to me too
The only thing to compare is my RG furniture one
image.jpg
Very sweet too.

Like 1
I had seen another example with a decent dial (the seller didn’t reply to provide additional pictures…) and a much much better case (which I would call pretty sharp).

But it doesn’t appeal to me as much as in gold, so not too sure what to do.

IMG_1127.jpeg IMG_1126.jpeg IMG_1125.jpeg