Forums Latest Members
  1. ANDERSONBIKER Dec 11, 2016

hi , looking for some info regarding a de ville I've been given by my dad, it was is brother in laws watch which he got when he passed away, its has a gold face and casing with raised bars around dial, I opened it to look for ref number but the movement seems to be part of the back case or is just stuck , didn't want to force it , tried to find similar image online but no joy, any info from people with more knowledge than me would be appreciated, cheers

2. ewand Dec 11, 2016

Hi - a picture or two might help? This is the easiest forum on the internet to add pics to.

3. ANDERSONBIKER Dec 11, 2016

4. ewand Dec 12, 2016

You might have some luck trying to find a match on https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage/ though Omega seemingly churned out hundreds of different watches under the De Ville name - chronos, automatics, quartz, and in totally different case styles too.

As for the case back and the movement - it's certainly not integral, so must be stuck. I'd take it to a jeweller and ask them to pop it off.
    The watch isn't likely to be very valuable - a few £100s maybe - so it's not like you'd be ruining a priceless timepiece if you had to jemmy the stuck case off.

5. ANDERSONBIKER Dec 12, 2016