Forums Latest Members
  1. justrx Jul 30, 2017

Have to wear a suit for a wedding. Do you find wearing a speedy or any chrono to tacky in this setting?
    thanks!

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 30, 2017

If you got it..... flaunt it ::psy::

3. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Jul 30, 2017

Match the strap with belt and shoes. Good to go.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 30, 2017

I'm wearing a dress watch to a wedding next month but if you've not got a dress watch the CK2998 still looks classy.

5. R3D9 Jul 30, 2017

Ideally, a two-handed, time-only watch is the kind of watch that should be worn with a tux (assuming you're wearing one) - at least that is the old-school "rule."

For the groom at a wedding, though, I think there are no rules. It's going to be one of the most important/memorable days of your life and you should have on the watch you love most..

Why? That watch will forever be associated with the day for you. Building memories over time is one of the coolest parts about buying and keeping watches.

Also, the CK2998 is a classy, beautiful watch. Try and coordinate a small amount of blue into your outfit... vest, pocket square, bow tie.

Congrats and enjoy!!!

Jrcigar and Taddyangle like this.
  6. R3D9 Jul 30, 2017

D'oh. ::facepalm1:: I think I read your post wrong... it's not you getting married? If so and your just wearing a suit, I'd have zero issues wearing the CK2998.

Riviera Paradise and Jrcigar like this.
  7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 30, 2017

These days so few even wear watches that I doubt anyone notices or cares.

I would wear my CK2998. I have a cool leather strap on mine and some shoes to match.

IMG_20170702_140754.jpg

8. justrx Jul 30, 2017

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm probably just looking into it too much. My daily work doesn't require me to sport a suit much so my timepiece rotation is primarily sport watches. Cheers!

Riviera Paradise and wkimmd like this.
  9. Tik-Tok of Oz Jul 30, 2017

I wear it to work myself and I have to dress up sometimes. I've worn a speedy with a black band that matched my belt and shoes. It's all how you feel most comfortable these days. No rules.

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 30, 2017

I kind of like the nostalgic notion that one shouldn't wear a watch to a black tie event at all because it signifies that you may have somewhere else to be or that you're counting the minutes until the event is over.

...glad I don't attend a lot of black tie events. :D

11. mikechi22 Jul 30, 2017

I would disagree with the tuxedo, formal wear assertion here. In my book, it's never OK to wear a watch with evening/formal attire. I think the philosophy is that you're out and dressed to the nines and should be heedless of the time. The second matter is the practical consideration that you will likely have on French cuffs with cufflinks and the watch is going to be doing battle with all that.

A regular business suit is a different matter! Subtle is better, of course.

gcole and keepitsimple like this.
  12. mikechi22 Jul 30, 2017

I love the watch, but I would definitely swap out the strap for a dressier occasion. Either steel bracelet or a higher quality leather to match your shoes and belt would be my advice to you.

Taddyangle likes this.
  13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 30, 2017

I picked up an Orient Bambino to use for dress wear. Very affordable sub $250 if you find an easy to source discount code. They come in 2 sizes now and I recommend the smaller one.
    IMG_3444.JPG

michael22 likes this.
  14. michael22 Jul 30, 2017

Sometimes, one does have somewhere else to be. That's life. We are not in control of all of it.
    Checking a watch is less obnoxious than checking a mobile phone.

Wear the watch you like. In reality , nobody else cares.

15. michael22 Jul 30, 2017

I have been tempted by the Bambino, but not succumbed.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. justrx Jul 30, 2017

Nice bambino! Thx for the recommendation. THat may be perfect for me!

Uniqez and Foo2rama like this.
  17. kleungsf Jul 30, 2017

Just make sure the watch fits under the cuff and you are fine. If the cuff is too tight and it pushes out the watch then it looks a little silly

propervinyl and Tet like this.
  18. Meme-Dweller Jul 31, 2017

As long as it's not a 50mm gold Invicta with an orange strap, you should be fine.

19. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jul 31, 2017

And make sure it's an automatic.
    Winding your hand-wind watch during the speeches will give the impression that you can't believe that time hasn't stood still!

20. wkimmd Jul 31, 2017

I agree.
    Black tie or white tie events - definitely would skip any watch.
    But black tie "optional" or "formal," I would go with a time only, two or three hander (two is more correct; but most people own watches that have a second hand somewhere).
    I think once you get to business casual, casual dressy, or semiformal (or whatever other term people use these days), now you are talking about sport watches on a leather strap (steel bracelet acceptable if you are a spy; otherwise swap it out for a leather strap that matches your belt and shoes).

propervinyl likes this.