Forums Latest Members

Ok , so help me , figure out cost? Etc

1. Gbhulk Dec 29, 2018

I’m a newbie , let’s say I really want a 42 Moonwatch speedy , used is fine if in good co diction, and wanted to trade the seamaster in my avatar against it. What am I really looking ? I would prefer a leather band versus a bracelet. I know some places like Jonas take trade ins , is that the wisest move as getting the moon watch from them seems “ safe” ? Please give me your opinions , I’m
    Interested in them all . I still have an seamaster aqua terra all silver large size that I’m keeping also. Or, is the one in my avatar unique enough that I should keep
    It? Teach me oh Omega professionals !!!!

2. Huus Dec 29, 2018

Hang on to your avatar Seamaster 2254.50, one of the nicest Seamasters around. Trade it in and you 'll receive very little for it and most likely regret doing so.
    To me the Speedmaster 3570.50 is the one to get. The closest modern model to the original Moonwatch. Used in as new condition come up for sale regularly. Buy it on metal bracelet and purchase a leather (Omega) deployment strap after.
    Btw I am not an Omega professional but own both models above and they are my faves.

Gbhulk, gdupree and jcmartinez98 like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 29, 2018

+1

Keep the seamaster and buy the speedy separately. Try one of the well knowns here. I can't say enough good things about @Kringkily for example.

If you trade to a shop, you will get below value. If keeping both isn't an option, try to sell privately.

4. Gbhulk Dec 30, 2018

The 3570.50 is my favorite option I believe that is the 42 mm face right?

VintageWatchIta likes this.