Forums Latest Members

Ok just got this one vintage certina ds content

1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2016

Hi everyone

Just got this watch that I thought was lost in the mail ... mailed out to me 10/25 arrived 11/25 ! An it was sent EMS!

Go figure

Here it is IMG_3702.JPG

It's a cool DS .... it not fair for me to ask everyone to guess why it's special ......

This is a special antimagnetic version known as Amagnetic DS . Typically they are signed on the dial "Amagnetic" my example is not . But when what I can tell it's all original . It has an inner antimag movement holder much like a Railmaster .

Will get more photos posted when I can get to my "bench" ( aka when I have a case tool and space on the kitchen table ")

Good hunting

Bill Sohne

aap, ahartfie, Vitezi and 6 others like this.
  2. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2016

Hi Everyone...

here are some of the sellers photos...
    back.jpg dial1.jpg dial2.jpg innercasebk.jpg insideck.jpg

Vitezi likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2016

I've got three packages shipped to the US overdue at the moment including two that are significantly so, wondering if budget cuts at the USPS are really starting to bite during the peak periods leading up to Christmas as I've always found the US Postal service to be among the most reliable.

Jwit likes this.
  4. Vitezi Nov 26, 2016

Amagnetic shown on the bottom right, circa 1967:
    [​IMG]
    (thanksPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network)

Jwit likes this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 26, 2016

I have owned two of three known examples (on the 'net) of the signed DS Amag versions. They are quite rare, and must have been a very low production model. I agree that Bill's is legitimate, though why it wasn't denoted on the dial is a mystery.

6. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2016

Hi

its crazy.... @gatorcpa was also waiting for a watch took time... arrived today....

The Amagnetic was shipped on 10/25 came today.... from argentina ( and shipped EMS, gota laugh ).

I had another watch from Netherlands shipped 11/2 delivered 11/14.

now still have a zenith out there from Austria shipped 11/7 no updates.....

international inbound to the USA been slow since oct in my book.

good hunting

bill sohne

7. MacRulez4Ever Apr 27, 2017

Hi Bill !
    Is It correct , a little hard to see on the picture.
    But inside the back case lid on the picture on your amagnetic watch , is the number 5601 112 ?