Forums Latest Members
  1. Nicko Oct 6, 2017

::facepalm1:: Here. I go again. I hope this is good enough to strike a deal. Hope it isn't rubbish.

IMG_0273.PNG IMG_0274.PNG IMG_0275.PNG IMG_0276.PNG IMG_0277.PNG IMG_0278.PNG IMG_0279.PNG IMG_0280.PNG IMG_0281.PNG IMG_0282.PNG IMG_0283.PNG IMG_0284.PNG
  2. mikechi22 Oct 6, 2017

I admire your perseverance! Good luck! I’m totally rooting for you and hoping you strike gold!

Nicko likes this.
  3. Nicko Oct 6, 2017

Now I'm just waiting for the shoes to start dropping. ::shy::

4. Nicko Oct 6, 2017

Another he sent me

IMG_0285.PNG
  5. mikechi22 Oct 6, 2017

Did you make the deal on it, or are you just surveying it? The guys who can spot all the many things each model year has or has not ...pushers, crowns, hands, bezel, dial...are amazing. Overwhelming for me, unfortunately. It really makes the watch desirable though!

Nicko likes this.
  6. Nicko Oct 6, 2017

Negotiations are taking place, not bought yet.

7. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Oct 6, 2017

Incorrect chrono seconds hand, washed dial, and movement looks like it has been treated roughly. Are you sure you want to live with those issues?

My first cal. 321 had a washed dial - I thought I could live with it for the price discount and I ended up selling it because I was wrong...

lando, mr_yossarian, sky21 and 4 others like this.
  8. BobXX Oct 6, 2017

That case has been really overpolished...

lando, 63TR4, eugeneandresson and 5 others like this.
  9. ndgal Oct 6, 2017

This watch is so overpolished. They even polished the pushers & crown! They're all round...
    No Tritium on dial... You can't even restore this watch with this amount of overpolishing...

lando, propervinyl and Andy K like this.
  10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 6, 2017

Really, really, really overpolished. ::facepalm2::

Lets just say no and move on.

Don't panic, the right one will come along.

propervinyl likes this.
  11. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 6, 2017

Better. Is there any lume on the dial? If not, pass.

Bracelet is for a later model.

Chrono hand is wrong.

Case, polished.

Nicko likes this.
  12. sxl2004 Oct 6, 2017

Movement might need a Service. The regulator is not centered indicating timing deviation

SpeedTar and Nicko like this.
  13. harrymai86 Oct 6, 2017

Simply move away from this piece is the final answer

propervinyl likes this.
  14. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 6, 2017

The width of the (incorrect) 47 end links and the lug gap are both supposed to be 20mm. The gap between the end link and the lug can is indicative of heavy polishing.

Nicko, TsoloT and oddboy like this.
  15. Davidt Oct 7, 2017

Hugely overpolished and all the lume is gone. Pass unless it's real cheap and you want a beater (I mean really cheap). Seems this is your first 321 so this shouldn't be the watch for you.

You need to slow down. You seem to be intent on buying a Speedmaster now. That's a sure fire way to buy rubbish or significantly overspend.

Take time, do your research and be ready to pounce when the right one comes along.

oddboy, Nicko, sxl2004 and 2 others like this.
  16. mr_yossarian Oct 7, 2017

you're developing a tendency to jump on the wrong ones! I accept wire transfer and I only want half of the amount you didn't spend on wrong deals yet :)

Nicko and TsoloT like this.
  17. TsoloT Oct 7, 2017

A 47 end links‘which I respectfully suggest are wrong ‘ should fit the 20mm lugs with no perceived side gaps
    in this case the gaps are considerable indicating something very odd with either links being shaved or the case lugs being thinned and given the loss of crease lines and profile on the case it indicates that someone has strangely not just over polished the case exterior edges/surfaces but polished between the lugs
    The rest of the watch is wrong on many aspect very well highlighted by a very knowledgeable community...I would suggest it’s not even a watch for parts given the state of the washed dial the hands pushers movement etc

Nicko likes this.
  18. TsoloT Oct 7, 2017

One further point on you photo of the movement there are a minimum of 8 burred screw heads including one on the balance bridge

Apart from the lack of skill exhibited by the ‘watchmaker’ this amount of disassembly is very rare indicating a prior issue with the watch or
    abuild up from other parts of other Watches

Nicko and mr_yossarian like this.
  19. kreyke Oct 7, 2017

Watch collecting is about patience. Part of the fun is the hunt. Take it slow and stalk the bay.

Nicko, tyrantlizardrex and Davidt like this.
  20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 7, 2017

I think you are reading a bit too much into this. When movements are properly serviced, they are completely disassembled - this is not "very rare" and does not indicate anything nefarious or some large problem on it's own.

I see damaged screw heads all the time - it is not unusual at all on a watch of this age that has been taken apart and put back together many times over it's life. It's unfortunate that many watchmakers are not more careful, but again it's not anything really unusual to see in a watch.

Speedmasterfan88 and mikechi22 like this.