Forums Latest Members

Ok, before I lose my cool..WTF Seamaster Bond bracelet woes..

1. Faz Jul 20, 2018

Hi all,

I recently purchased a quartz Seamaster Bond. I received the watch unattached to the bracelet. It remains that way because I can't %#%^#** fit it back on? I've dealt with hundreds of watches and their bracelets but this one will drive me to drink.

Is there a special way of putting it back on? What am I missing? The spring bars fit and all....it's just in the process of getting the best of me.

Cheers,

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 20, 2018

Please measure the free length of the spring bars. If someone has accidentally used the bars for straps, that might be causing the problem...

Bars for bracelets - 2207 = 22.428 mm

Bars for straps - 2208 = 23.317 mm

Assumes 20 mm lugs.

Cheers, Al

larryganz likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Jul 20, 2018

Can't really help you, but I remember that fitting the bracelet to the 300 Pro I used to own was a right pain the first few times...

4. texasmade Jul 20, 2018

I don't have the tool to change the bracelet out myself so I had my brother do it who has the tool when he bought his Speedy Pro. He struggled quite a bit refitting the bracelet on my SMP. It's easy to take off but difficult to put on.

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 20, 2018

What Al says.

Had similar situation with my CK2998. Used spring bars that were on there with original strap. So thought I could use same spring bars with the bracelet I purchased from a member here. Ended up going to OB to get installed. They said different spring bard needed. With new bars, easily installed.

6. absherman13 Jul 20, 2018

Out of curiosity, why do they use spring bars of different lengths for bracelets vs. straps? Not sure I've ever learned the rationale for that.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 20, 2018

The spring bars for bracelets are a bit shorter to make it easier to remove them given the small space available in the end links. For straps this is not a problem because typically the strap can be compressed slightly to allow the plunger to move enough to free a longer bar. The exception to this rule would be those straps that are more like bracelets at the ends, with things like plastic inserts - I personally hate those straps...

Cheers, Al

kkt, Faz and absherman13 like this.
  8. absherman13 Jul 20, 2018

Neat. Thanks!

9. Faz Jul 20, 2018

Thanks Al!