Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster “Tin Tin.” Ref. 311.30.42.30.01.004

1. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 1, 2018

Greetings all.
    I am listing my "TinTin."
    Why am I selling it when it is so collectable? Well, once upon a time a squirrel appeared to me in a dream and said “you do not need all these Speedmasters. Nobody needs all these Speedmasters. Vintage bumper automatics and constellations are your true love, not these too large for your wrist racing dial watches…” I then awoke in a cold sweat. It was morning. And my wife asked me when I was selling that damn watch.
    This is the 2013 release which had a limited lifespan and is apparently no longer made.

As to the facts about the watch, this reference 311.30.42.30.01.004 contains the 1861 movement.
    Serial Number is redacted for security. It is 7781XXX.
    This is a 42 mm steel caseback watch with manual wind and hesalite crystal.
    20mm lug width. Marker and hands are painted with Super-LumiNova. Original dial. Original Crown. Tachymeter complication. Has red lettering on the back consistent with this reference.
    Condition: Near mint condition but has been worn. There are some scratches on the back and inside of the lugs where I was careless when I swapped it off the original bracelet to wear with my other bracelet that is sized to my bird like wrists or on a black nato strap and was a bit careless. The scratches are not visible when the watch is on your wrist as far as I can tell. I attempted to highlight these in the listing.
    The bracelet has never been worn and the plastic is still on the strap. I did leave the plastic on the back of the watch but I have worn the watch.
    Watch looks new on wrist. Crystal is clear. Bezel is perfect. Apologies for my pictures from my iphone, the photos have some dust on them.
    It comes with what is shown in the pictures: The wood box, owner’s manual, hang tag, dated warranty card and pictogram.

References:
    I did buy this watch from @Yeokimchoy in August 2017. It was a smooth transaction. You can see the watch in my post history from time to time. https://omegaforums.net/threads/yeo-kim-choy-is-a-great-seller.62221/
    As to sales references: In June of 2018 I sold my LE CK2998 to @keongliam who is a collector/enthusiast in Singapore. He did not leave any feedback but the sale went well and he was happy with the sale and the watch. I am sure you can message him directly through the forum.

No returns unless not materially as described.

So what to list this particular reference for seems to be a topic of great interest on the forum. Well go big or go home…
    Asking $6,000 USD plus shipping. No trades. However I am open to reasonable offers. Payment via bank wire transfer. Face to Face in the greater Chicagoland area as well. Shipping via FedEx. Insured by Parcel Pro. Will ship worldwide. Buyer solely responsible for all import taxes and duties. I will not declare a lower value than the sales value so please do not ask.
    I want this to go to a good OF member home if possible. Thank you Omega Forum for the space.
    IMG_2683.jpg
    IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2666.JPG IMG_2667.JPG IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2670.jpg IMG_2675.jpg

blubarb, Brianstoops, sjg22 and 3 others like this.
  2. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 3, 2018

OHPF

sjg22 likes this.
  3. CTS-V Sep 3, 2018

Do you happen to know what year & month it was manufactured?

4. ClarendonVintage Sep 3, 2018

Vintage bumper automatics, *boing* absolutely a joy to play with.

BenBagbag and Tik-Tok of Oz like this.
  5. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 3, 2018

I am not certain.

6. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 10, 2018

Haven’t been able to come to terms with previous buyer. Back on the market.

7. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 10, 2018

Back to OHPF

8. repoman Sep 10, 2018

that didn't take long :thumbsup:

Greatpa and Tik-Tok of Oz like this.
  9. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 12, 2018

Sold. Thank you Omega Forums for the space.

Lonestar likes this.