Forums Latest Members

Official price increase in Germany TODAY

1. Exarkun12 Feb 9, 2015

Hi guys, heads up since it might occur elsewhere. I was at the omega boutique today and they are in the midst of changing all the price tags on the watches.

The Speedmaster Moonwatch with Hesalite went up by a whopping 500€, which is about 15% if I remember right.

2. Exarkun12 Feb 9, 2015

Oops made a mistake, the price went up by 200€. So "just" 5% ;)

megamon likes this.
  3. chunkythebulldog Feb 10, 2015

Patek just announced a 7% price drop on their watches, didn't see that coming

Mr.Watchman likes this.
  4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Feb 10, 2015

Makes me love vintage all that much more......

The Waltham I'm wearing is still worth squat plus tax

Geo! likes this.
  5. cuts33 Feb 10, 2015

Noticed the prices are higher on Ace as well so I think the price increase was all over the EU.

6. Bienne2998 Feb 11, 2015

Hi there
    This is all due to the strong Swiss franc. The Swiss National Bank stopped support the price of the EURO anymore - they decided to abandon the floor (EUR = minimum 1.20 CHF) - and the Euro dropped to 1:1. The Swiss franc also rose against all other currencies.... and that way the profit margins of the watch producers decreased sharply (imagine the currency loss of about 20 %)... that's why most of the watch producers lower the prices in Swiss francs by some percentage and higher the prices in EURO and USD.

Well there's a good point at it - I am Swiss - for me the nice vintage watches from foreign countries (on eBay, chrono24, fora) can be purchased now with a discount from 15-20 %....;-)
    Best, Thomas

Matty01 likes this.
  7. billyblue Feb 11, 2015

Hi, many thanks for the info. I'm also following your thread about the Speedy with high interest as I am also customer of the boutique in the Max.-straße...hope it works out for you well!

8. Mr.Watchman Feb 11, 2015

Finally

9. cuts33 Feb 11, 2015

That is in the US, which based on what the market is doing, seems about right.

Wouldn't mind seeing other brands follow suit, but something tells me that won't happen.

As it is right now, even with the price increase in the EU, an Aqua Terra for example is $500 less in the EU (including VAT) versus the US when paying in USD due to the exchange rates.

10. billyblue Feb 11, 2015

Not everywhere:

Switzerland: decrease by 5 %

EUR countries: increase by 7 %

Great Britain: unchanged

Asia-Pacific: decrease by 3 % ( 7% in Hong Kong)

Japan: increase by 5 %

Americas: decrease by 7 %

11. Exarkun12 Feb 11, 2015

Hi billyblue! Are you also based in Germany?

I'll keep the other post updated on what happens with my speedy. By the way, the watchmaker whom I spoke with wasn't very polite at all and that really surprised me because the customer service at Omega Boutiques are typically top notch. I almost felt like he was being very condescending and talking 'down' to me.

I left the Boutique with quite an unpleasant feeling to be honest. The only plus point was that he agreed to send my watch to Pforzheim to be checked out.

12. billyblue Feb 12, 2015

Ich wohne in der Isarvorstadt. Ich kenne auch nur ähnliche Aussagen über die Boutique, ich fand es bisher auch nie richtig angenehm...und das will was heißen bei einem Luxusprodukt-Laden.

Sorry, back to English :)

Exarkun12 likes this.