Forums Latest Members
  1. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 30, 2016

Did any of the UK members watch the new Top Gear last night?

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 30, 2016

Not in the UK but would love to hear feedback from Old School TG fans.

Matty01 likes this.
  3. gop76 May 30, 2016

I'm not on UK but i'm a long time Top Gear fan and never saw the new one. I'm curious to see how it works without crazy Jeremy.

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 30, 2016

I'm afraid it doesn't, at least not for me.
    If last night's show was the best they can come up with I will watch something else on sunday evening in future.

5. gop76 May 30, 2016

Agree, it's not easy to replace a character like Jeremy. BBC made a huge mistake.

6. philh May 30, 2016

Reviews have been poor with main criticism surrounding Chris Evans shouting too much and forcing the banter. Matt Le Blanc fared better.
    My feeling is it struggled because it tried to imitate the old presenters and show too much. The rapport Clarkson, May and Hammond enjoyed developed over years but was the cornerstone of the show and without it this is just an ok car show.
    Who knows it may well improve as the series progresses but it is at present a pale imitation of the original but worth a watch

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. ICONO May 30, 2016

There was an effortless chemistry, a naturally smooth rapport between the presenters, of the old Top Gear....absent in this incarnation

Chris Evens came over as a rather shouty, slightly deranged, Geography Teacher, on speed...

Matt le Blanc was actually quite good......far better at busking it on location, than reading the cue cards in the Studio

Sabine Schmitz, a brilliant driver in her own right, was the token German ( and Woman )

The expressions on the faces of the Studio audience, probably reflected those watching Globally............running from mildly enthusiastic, through to mortified, to finally "How soon can we get out of here"

UK Press reaction is underwhelming " Was that it then ? "

8. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 30, 2016

I am so disappointed with this thread. I expected a discussion of insect spray...

[​IMG]

cicindela and OMGRLX like this.
  9. Mr Bing May 30, 2016

Missed this, didn't know it aired last night....I'll have to watch it on catch up later.

A couple of months ago they were filming in our area. Matt Le Blancs car broke down and he popped into KFC whilst the crew were carrying out repairs. My daughter was in there (she's a big fan of Friends) and got quite exited.

She said he was a real nice guy and very approachable.

10. ICONO May 30, 2016

They have evidently sorted the problem of catering then.............................

11. ulackfocus May 30, 2016

Ahspose you might make that assumption given the title.

OMGRLX likes this.
  12. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 30, 2016

I couldn't watch 5 minutes of the US version so I can't see how this would work. As others said, it was the Clarkson May and Hammond show. The fruit ladies all like watching the original TG but they didn't think it was a car show....

In addition Chris Evans has little understanding of interesting cars.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/chris-evans-fails-sell-half-6437341

In this sale the cars failed to sell as they not only too expensive, but unoriginal.

13. Speedmasterfan88 May 30, 2016

Well, who would've thought about that.... I will look forward to the new Format of the old Trio airing on Amazon Prime later this year. :thumbsup:

14. ICONO May 30, 2016

Fruit ladies ???

Fruit Ladies.jpg

Spacefruit, ulackfocus and Traveler like this.
  15. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 30, 2016

Clarkson is the best. My fave was the show when they drive around down south trying to piss rednecks off.

16. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 30, 2016

17. FatDadSlim May 30, 2016

18. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 30, 2016

Sorry #1 slot belongs here

tpatta likes this.
  19. proximal Jul 4, 2016

Chris Evans just announced that he is not returning to Top Gear for the next series. I'm guessing it was not his decision.

The first episode of this series was painful, but it got better over the next few. Because they featured a lot less of Chris Evans. Chris Harris, Rory Reid, and Matt LeBlanc did a nice job on their parts and I'd be happy to watch the next go round if they return.

20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 4, 2016

Dream team... not even including the holy trinity...

Sabine Schmidt
    Rutledge Wood or Matt Farrah
    Chris Harris

Those three or 4 would be great together and have a different chemistry and still work. Although Matt Lablanc was way better then expected. I just don't see Joey Tribiani with just the Ring Queen and Harrismonkey.