Forums Latest Members

Off the (speedmaster) piste, and the wife grabbed it.

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 28, 2015

One early morning last week the wife and I were enjoying our 6am coffee and while she was in meditation I was leafing through AJTT, and she awoke from a trance to lean across and took an interest in "those 70's looking things"

So this was waiting on our porch when we got back this evening from California with the children.

It was a Golden Squirrel moment, with a crappy single photo and the words NOS in the description.

There were no other bidders.....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Straight out for pizza and she wore it:

image.jpeg

It's nice when things come together, and indeed no one nicks the FedEx box for three whole days.

2. JohnSteed Oct 29, 2015

How sweet it is :thumbsup: Well done!

3. flyingout Oct 29, 2015

Nice, but, enjoying, 6am and AJTT are mutually exclusive terms.

4. repoman Oct 29, 2015

I like every part of this post, except the 6am bit, and the fact that you are making the rest of the husbands on this forum look really bad.

Well done :thumbsup:

5. marturx Oct 29, 2015

William, she must be so extremely happy to have you, the idealic husband who pay close attention to his better half's wishes :)

6. watchlovr Oct 29, 2015

You're lucky, I wish I could get my wife to wear one of my early electronics, she is currently torn between my 18k zenith Daytona with diamond dial and double Red Sea dweller.
    Damn those tropic rubber straps, means she can wear anything!

7. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 29, 2015

Lovely, I really rate the electroquartz, hugely undervalued constellation IMHO

8. michaelmc Oct 29, 2015

very cool watch, clunky cool. my significant other only wants to wear my platinum vintage Hamilton or Daytona. You are a lucky fellow.