Forums Latest Members

Of recent Seamaster casebacks and endlinks...

1. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Mar 27, 2017

In this thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/thinking-of-buying.54917/#post-669850 I asked about the stamping of the Omega security symbol on 22XX.XX casebacks and also the different styles of “930” on endlinks.

Being a persistent wee bugger and to satisfy my curiosity, I thought I’d investigate further, so I asked Omega directly. This was my query and the images I used to illustrate the differences.

“My questions revolve around the calibre 1120, 22XX.XX wave dial Seamasters.

Firstly, how common is it to have the Omega "security stamp" applied to the periphery of the caseback. Most of these I have seen do not have it applied. If it was applied during a particular time period, that would be nice to know.

Secondly, as far as I can make out, the endlinks used for the "Speedmaster" style bracelets are 930. I have come across two types, one of which has 930 in a small font stamped onto the lug of the endlink, The other style has a larger 930 font applied to the middle of the endlink.

Are both legitimate, and if so, are there any clear time periods when they were used?”

Omega stamp.jpg Small 930 endlinks.jpg Big 930 endlinks.jpg

The question could not be answered in the UK, so my contact was good enough to forward it to HQ. Despite what must be a busy time with Baselworld etc. They replied in under a week in the following terms.

“The smaller version of the 930 is engraved in the bracelets which have been originally manufactured with the watch in the 1990ies, the larger ones have been fabricated later on.

The globe symbol has been introduced in 2006, there's no tracking to serial numbers or specific production lots possible as this was a rolling process.”

Not groundbreaking I know, but possibly a small addition to the common pool of knowledge.

Just out of interest, my 2255.80 has no globe symbol on the caseback and the small 930 endlinks. The serial number dates it to 2006/2007 manufacture and it was sold in 2007. Possibly Omega was sitting on a pile of older casebacks and even more 930 endlinks???

Edited Mar 27, 2017
    ahartfie and Spy like this.
  2. Spy You know my name. Mar 27, 2017

I will file this for future reference. It might come in handy to know about it one day. Thanks!

3. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Mar 28, 2017

Wasn't the globe symbol the basis of the Omega vs. Costco copyright lawsuit?