OF Mid-Atlantic Members Fall G2G - Making Plans!

Good morning all. As some of you may remember, earlier this summer some OF members from Pennsylvania and Maryland got together for lunch to meet for the first time and talk about watches and anything else that came up. A good time was had by all, some new friendships were formed, some business was conducted, and there were plenty of nice watches to chat about.
1418775-06327a4762a5c892b980580b3b6bdedc.jpg

Unfortunately, there was interest in attending from a number of other OF members who couldn't make it because of family and work commitments, travel, and other conflicts, but who expressed interest in attending a future get together. Well, folks, here's your chance. I'm planning another G2G for the fall, probably either in October or November, but early to mid-December would work too. Date, location and lunch vs dinner to be determined. Based on the last get together, we think that we can make this a driveable event for members from NJ, PA, DE, MD and DC, but if anyone wants to fly in from anywhere else, you're welcome to attend! For those who are interested, please PM me with weekend dates in October, November and December when you expect to be available. If you want to suggest a meeting location or prefer lunch to dinner or vice versa, feel free to add that too along with any other suggestions. Hope we can pull this off as it was a fun event last time around. Looking forward to hearing from you! Regards, -Greg

Like 9
An evening bump for our Mid-Atlantic members.

Mid-week bump. I've already heard from some new potential attendees in the DC area and we've also got interested folks from Pennsylvania and Maryland. Nothing so far from NJ and DE - what, we're not good enough for you guys? :D PM me if you're interested in attending. Thx.

Saturday, December 3rd in the Maryland/DC area for lunch. Exact venue and time (not yet determined) to be shared only via PM with established OF members for security reasons. We have a good sized group planning to attend with members from PA, MD, DC and NJ so far, but all are welcome. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Like 7
Bravo. Wonderful event. Hopefully it will catch on with more enthusiasts all over the country...and internationally. It is such a wonderful hobby, and it needs more face to face GTG like yours. It's so much more fun to see all the pieces together and in the flesh. The internet is great, but these GTGs are the cherry on top. Thanks for getting these going.

Bravo. Wonderful event. Hopefully it will catch on with more enthusiasts all over the country...and internationally. It is such a wonderful hobby, and it needs more face to face GTG like yours. It's so much more fun to see all the pieces together and in the flesh. The internet is great, but these GTGs are the cherry on top. Thanks for getting these going.
We took a group shot at the last event with all of our watches on the table and it wasn’t lost on us that the value sitting on that table, probably could have cleared the student debt of the poor girl waiting on us.

Like 1
We took a group shot at the last event with all of our watches on the table and it wasn’t lost on us that the value sitting on that table, probably could have cleared the student debt of the poor girl waiting on us.
Or the gentleman sitting next to you but hey whos counting!

Like 3
Fellow Marylander here - just hoping you guys have a fun time. I'll make it out to one of these someday!

Like 1
Oh grasshopper, your generation has gotten so screwed.
My consolidated student loans for law school were about 50k at a fixed interest rate of 2.125% and I got a .25% discount for automatic payments from my checking account. Those days are long gone.

Like 1
My consolidated student loans for law school were about 50k at a fixed interest rate of 2.125% and I got a .25% discount for automatic payments from my checking account. Those days are long gone.
Yup! When I started community college (in California) it was $15 per credit unit…no, I didn’t miss a few zeros. When I eventually finished my education, I had $40k of student loans and I thought that was a crushing amount of debt. Now that’s per year for many students.
How can anyone expect our younger generations to plan anything in life when they are saddled with crippling debt.

Sorry for the derail- watches are fun! Woo-hoo for get togethers.

Saturday, December 3rd in the Maryland/DC area for lunch. Exact venue and time (not yet determined) to be shared only via PM with established OF members for security reasons. We have a good sized group planning to attend with members from PA, MD, DC and NJ so far, but all are welcome. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!
All systems are a GO for now… so here’s to hoping that nothing will get in the way!! :cool:

SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3RD

LOCATION: BALTIMORE, MD (exact location and time to be determined and shared via PM only).

If you would like to attend and haven’t already contacted me, please PM me for additional information.

I will check in with everyone who previously expressed an interest in attending to confirm whether you still plan to attend and to finalize the headcount.

ALL ARE WELCOME!!!

Like 4
This is a great idea and good on you for organizing it @gbesq. I’ve seen plenty of these where everybody says, “Yea we should get together!” But then nobody actually takes the initiative to organize it. Or when they do people hem and haw about logistics. Maybe I’ll be able to make one in the future (from NJ). Hope you all have fun!

Actually, we have some members coming from NJ. If you’re interesting in carpooling, PM me and I’ll put you in touch.

Like 1
Actually, we have some members coming from NJ. If you’re interesting in carpooling, PM me and I’ll put you in touch.
As long as you can handle being in the car for 2 hours without some nerd who won’t stop talking about watches the whole time :rolleyes:

Like 1
That describes pretty much everyone attending! ;)

Like 2
I wouldn't attend if it was across the street from me. Bad enough I gotta type back and forth with youse guys but sit at the same table? I think not.

Like 1