Forums Latest Members

Oem Omega Vulcan Rubber Strap For 45mm Planet Ocean In Ultra Rare White!

1. seadweller30 May 6, 2013

Can anyone give me any information on the above strap. Ive just purchased a 45mm PO chrono with this thrown in to the deal. I cant even find a picture of one on the internet.
    Ive phoned round numerous AD's in the U.K. No one has ever seen or heard of it. It was bought from an Lunns jewellers (AD) in Belfast in late 2008, it has never been worn.
    Here are some pics, any advice appreciated.
    white10.JPG white20.JPG

2. seadweller30 May 7, 2013

Ok, phoned around some more AD's, one of them have got back to me to say this strap was for a special edition watch. No idea which, but he stated the numbers were small at around 5000.

3. Mare Nostrum May 8, 2013

Wow....now we have limited edition straps too ! Let's hope they don't charge limited edition prices too for these or other future renderings...LOL

4. Mare Nostrum May 8, 2013

Hang on....looks like a strap for the white dial Proplof ?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 8, 2013

I don't think it's the Proplof strap, as that one says "Proplof" right on it....

I looks on the Extranet for white rubber straps, and this one does not come up, so I doubt they make it any longer.

6. Mare Nostrum May 8, 2013

Ok...then this really must be a one hell of a unique strap !

7. seadweller30 May 8, 2013

This is definately not a Ploprof strap, I have seen the one you are referring to though.
    It is a Vulcan rubber strap specifically made for the Planet Ocean. Exactly the same as the black and orange ones that are still available.

Those black and orange Vulcans for the PO's are around 240/250 pounds new. Would this be worth more than those straps due to it being rare?

I cant find a picture of this strap anywhere on the web also. Im a member of a few watch forums, and nobody has yet to say they have seen one, or even a picture of one!

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2013

I will mention that strap design was a very unreliable one, it attracted a lot of complaints from people as they did not last very long at all, often under a year of use before they started to crack. The new Omega rubber straps have been completely redesigned and are a much more resilient and reliable item.

The new straps are on the Cal 8500 Planet Oceans, that strap and the black version of it are for Calibre 2500 Planet Oceans.

9. seadweller30 May 9, 2013

^^^ Indeed. I wore a 2500 Planet Ocean for 2 years on a black vulcan, and wrapped the SS bracelet away. I must say, when I sold it, it was still like new. That is the first time I have ever heard they are 'unreliable'.

I think the 8500 rubber straps are definately an improvement however.