Forums Latest Members
  1. chipsotoole Aug 16, 2016

Hello Omegoids,

I saw this vintage watch advertised a few months back for 275 Euros. At the time I fell in love ,but I felt it was a little on the steep side so I passed (with post auction regret). So it showed up again for 199 all freshly cleaned and serviced from a master watchmaker it Munich and i just had to pull the trigger. So i'm showing it off because I can't stop looking at it!!
    Don't really know much about this company , but hey I'm in love! IMG_1906.jpg

Jonatan, Larry S and Darlinboy like this.
  2. Vitezi Aug 16, 2016

According to Mikrolisk, Oebra was the wordmark of Hema Watch Co. SA of Neuchâtel and La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland.

chipsotoole likes this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 16, 2016

I'm a sucker for gilt on black dial chrono's. Is it plated? I assume it is given the price. Very nice pick up.

chipsotoole likes this.
  4. chipsotoole Aug 17, 2016

Yup, indeed it is gilt, but in extremely nice condition. I'm guessing its from around 1945-55. I believe the movement is a Landeron so it's a little better quality than some others of this era This one is going to have to be taken care of a little more carefully, first day I wore it I was cooking and the steam condensed slightly inside the glass. I popped the crown out and hairdryered it and all seems to be well..This is officially a sunny day working on the office watch...and yes I too am a sucker for black dial Chronos!

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 17, 2016

Place it with some rice in a sandwich bag for a day or so. Moisture and old watches are not a happy combination.

chipsotoole likes this.
  6. chipsotoole Aug 17, 2016

just to be sure..will do!