Forums Latest Members
  1. Mikalf Apr 6, 2013

Hi all,

I have this automatic chronometer that was given to me 30 years ago by my, at the time and most often drunk neighbor, may he rest in peace. I haven't really been giving it much thought until it stopped a couple of years ago. That is kind of amazing, a watch that no one pays attention to ticks for about 28 years, with no maintenance at all. Fantastic!
    Anyway, I decided to have it repaired at my local authorized Omega watchmaker and he told me that he haven't seen one like this in his 35 years of craftmanship. He said it must be kind of rare, perhaps an anniversary watch or something.

He gave me the reference number 14381-9 and it's a 551 caliber. I've been searching around and haven't found a combination of these numbers that fits the look of my watch and I hope that you fanatics out there will have some information about it. Excuse my poor images, they were all taken with my poor phone.

The basics, it's a steel, "Railroad Dial" Omega Constellation with a golden observatory on the case back. I've found lots of images of these but no one with the inner"circle" to the center of the dial. I found one that didn't have the "inner circle" and a steel, not golden, observatory on the case back, otherwise identical.

I've been wearing this for like 20 years and I guess someone wore it before me so the case back is quite worn but the watch is in great condition.

Is there anyone that can tell me anything about thiswatch?

Kind regards

IMG_0262.jpg

/Mikael IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0250.JPG

2. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2013

3. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 6, 2013

Nice Connie. Time to treat her to a service.
    Try Archer here on the forum

4. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Apr 7, 2013

Yes you have a 14381 housing a 551. The railroad dial or trench dial is less common than the piepans and arrowhead constellations. Mine says hello.
    [​IMG]

GregH and NT931 like this.