Forums Latest Members
  1. Waltesefalcon Aug 28, 2017

I was looking at Kon-Tikis on Ebay and ran across this odd dialed one. It says that the dial has been refinished, but what I am curious about is the offset face. Is this a European model, or a fake, or what? I personally think it is a pretty cool look and if a genuine Kon-Tiki would like to find one that has an original dial.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNA-KONT...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 28, 2017

My guess is that the dial is not attached correctly, hence the misalignment with the date window.

3. redpcar Aug 28, 2017

Dial posts are broken off. Only bad things happened to create this situation. I would only purchase something like this for parts.

4. Waltesefalcon Aug 28, 2017

Jeez, I'm dense. I was thinking that it was broken and then I must have had a brain fart because I said to myself: no it isn't broken the date window lines up with the date, it must be an odd offset face. Jiminy, I can't believe I had to have that pointed out to me.