Forums Latest Members
  1. ctw19 Dec 11, 2016

I recently picked up a 1992 Speedmaster 3590. It arrived on a leather strap but the original 1479 bracelet was included. I tried to install it yesterday and one side went on just fine while the other just didn't want to go on. After trying for a while, I examined the end links and noticed that the little pieces that flare out to the side and rest on the lugs are shaped a little different from one another. On one end link, they go straight out. On the other, they angle downwards (both little pieces flared at the exact same angle, it's definitely not a case of being bent or anything). The angled one is the side I couldn't get on. They are both stamped "812" so I have no reason to believe one is not original to the watch. I also know for a fact the seller had the bracelet on the watch at one point so it may just be that I need to get one of the nicer plier type spring bar tools but my question is, have you ever seen two end links differ like this? Is there anywhere I could pick up another 812 end link that is straight like the one that went on easy? I checked ofrei and they don't carry it.

IMG_0277.JPG

2. ctw19 Dec 11, 2016

This is actually a better view of what I'm talking about:

File_000.jpeg

3. Buck2466 Dec 11, 2016

If you're brave......otherwise take them to a reputable watchmaker.

Pliers.jpg

4. ctw19 Dec 12, 2016

Anyone know where I can source another 812 end link? I can't seem to find one.

5. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Dec 12, 2016

Have you tried the bent end link on the other side of the watch?

6. omegasaso12 Dec 12, 2016

Take them to watchmaker and ask him nicely if he can straighten them and not damage too much.

It will be much cheper than buying them new.