Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. JetLinks Oct 5, 2020

Agreed and not trying to down play what a huge year 2020 has been and one that no one forgets!

But even after a momentus year (personally), I'm not sure I can justify spending $10k on a Snoopy LE, so everyone on this chain that's already put in their deposit, can't be having too bad a year either!

2. JetLinks Oct 5, 2020

Buy it for my Dad! Lol

3. platogsd Oct 5, 2020

I’m really not quite sure how to respond to this as I am and know many people are definitely aware and very sympathetic to all the occurrences that happened/ are happening around the whole world this year. I think it’s only human to recognize this and be empathetic in these times. But of course we should all be grateful for whatever beautify manages to come our and anyone else’s way too in the midst of what a crazy year this is! So of course, congratulations! I wish you all the best!

s2000_driver and JetLinks like this.
  4. s2000_driver Oct 5, 2020

You are correct, a good number of people are not hurting financially. I wasn't referring to the financial aspect.

Speaking for myself here... luxury purchases are just a temporary distraction. When I look around and see what's happening, the distraction is gone. Reality sets in. It is just so painful to see the suffering... Let's hope things turn-around sooner than later.

It is wonderful that you have a newborn. Watching your child grow up will beat everything else out there!!!

pw92676, ama98 and platogsd like this.
  5. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Err no, this thread is about Omega announcing that they are going to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of being presented with the Silver Snoopy Award for services to the A13 mission.

Edited Oct 5, 2020
    YHY and Karusel like this.
  6. platogsd Oct 5, 2020

I’m in this boat and feel the same. I will also respectfully add in response to the previous reply, that although being able to afford really anything is a true blessing that we should never lose sight of, it doesn’t necessarily parallel ones difficulties, losses, life situations, and “ not having a bad year status” etc etc etc. We are all here together and are all in this life together. Let’s all route for humanity this year. We all could use some good news collectively as a whole. On a personal level, we are hoping to use this watch if we manage to get one, as our engagement “ring” as we decided on watches instead of rings. We love the symbolism with time. So this is definitely a nice distraction and has been something to look forward to amidst the craziness and drear plaguing the whole world right now. Wishing everyone some much needed joy and excitement, even if temporary :) So the forum stays on topic - What are some memorable/special ideas everyone is planning for this release? :)

s2000_driver likes this.
  7. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

With so many people expressing so much excitement for this watch, Omega is going to have to make many, many, many thousands of watches to ensure that all these people get their watch, a miserly 7000 (ish) is clearly not going to suffice. :)

I will pose a question albeit late in the day as the announcement is due at some point today;

Is this watch more important to Omega as recognition of an achievement in saving the lives of the A13 astronauts, compared to being on the wrist of astronauts who actually went onto the lunar surface?

Curious as to what people think on this issue.

8. YY77 Oct 5, 2020

To me the A11 50SS is the special one, the interest for the "new Snoopy" is due to to the success of the 45th IMHO, but I'll add that the 45th has the most beautiful caseback on all Speedy's.

9. mutxi_2012 Oct 5, 2020

Dear all,

not sure if another "special edition" is special....personally I would prefer an exact Remake of the 105.012 CB with the new 321 caliber and please: no cristal back!

Omega1967 likes this.
  10. s2000_driver Oct 5, 2020

My thoughts exactly. The CB case is special.

Omega1967 likes this.
  11. Z06Pat Oct 5, 2020

Sure, some interest may be due to the ‘success’ of the 45th but a lot of demand comes from enthusiasts of the Apollo missions and specifically Apollo 13 and the role that the Speedmaster played in it.

Vale21 likes this.
  12. PeePeePooPooh Oct 5, 2020

Well I heard a running snoopy in possibly a see Thru case back is en route and Jumped

13. Dedlock Oct 5, 2020

Hopefully it won't be an underwhelming announcement, they've had six or seven months to perfect everything.

We come to expect alot from Omega and they must deliver.

14. Omega1967 Oct 5, 2020

And is the original Snoopy- it was the watch referee that times the 14 seconds burn for re-entry

15. Caliber561 Oct 5, 2020

If Omega successfully recreated the CB case just for this limited release, my mind is quite possibly going to explode.

16. Newatch321 Oct 5, 2020

Well kept waiting and nothing, now to sleep have to work in a few hrs.

17. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 5, 2020

Probably won't be before 12:00 GMT

18. YY77 Oct 5, 2020

Monochrome and Fratello have just posted about Snoopy but only recap, although Fratello has a subline in the header Apollo 13 50th anniversary.:whipped:

Martin_J_N likes this.
  19. ama98 Oct 5, 2020

20. midimanwatch Oct 5, 2020

I wonder if any of the OBs will notify you when it becomes available?