Forums Latest Members
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2012

dsio likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Jul 18, 2012

Now THAT'S a redial I could live with. I wish the pie pan edges were a smidge crisper, but otherwise I like it. Just one thing - on the applied OMEGA, shouldn't the gap between letters be painted black too?

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2012

Nope. I've seen it on some newer models, but not these.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 18, 2012

Never really been a fan of Tim's refinished omegas - cases are overpolished and while dial refinishes while attractive enough just don't hold a candle to the nice originals. Just my 2 cents. I still think one should instead be patient and go for the nicer original examples albeit at a higher price.

5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jul 18, 2012

Dennis, there are only two double rivets holding the cast Omega logo, and it is one way of telling if the dial is a factory or fake dial. Faked ones have the joins much closer to the surface of the lettering and not in the background like an original.

While I have a preference for original dials, this one would look quite good at its normal size.

Cheers

Desmond

dsio likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2012

No dispute, just talking about the dial appearance compared to many other redials. A nice original would always be the equinox.

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 18, 2012

Hoi has talked about some expert rediallers in Vietnam - perhaps if he reads this thread he can post some examples.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 19, 2012

If you didn't look at it as a vintage watch but rather just looked at it as a sub-$1500, perfect looking daily wear watch, you're looking at Quartz or lower tier ETA based automatics like Raymond Weil. When you could have a chronometer rated Constellation with a dial like that for less money, with an in-house movement that could last many decades, it presents a good option not just to someone who wants a vintage Omega, but also to someone that just wants a really nice affordable new dress watch.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 19, 2012

Bingo, not a collection piece but, someone who wants to use it in work rotation like Dennis