Forums Latest Members

FS NOW REDUCED 1967 Lecoultre Memovox Date cal 911

1. Mothra Jan 18, 2018

Price: £950 NOW £850

1967 Lecoultre Memovox Date cal 911
    I’m offering a Lecoultre that has been in several hands in the Omegaforums family. I have owned it since October 2014. I don’t think there are going to be many recently serviced (by top name watchmaker) Memovoxes with a good looking dial at this sort of price.

When I bought my first ever expensive swiss watch (turned out to be a Speedmaster) I had asked the AD if it was possible to buy a mechanical watch with an alarm. He laughed and told me it wasn’t. Years later as I learned more about watches, I had a real need to secure an alarm watch for myself, as this is definitely the second coolest complication (and I can’t afford a minute repeater). The alarm is loud and clear – there’s no danger of sleeping through it.

This particular manual wind watch has a serial no dating it to 1967 & is in a stainless case with a slightly unusual 14k solid gold bezel which adds a bit of jazz & light reflectivity to the case. It has a diameter of 35mm excl crown(s) and is 41mm lug to lug & a really lovely smoke grey dial which is showing some patination. The crowns are unsigned so are probably service items.

When I bought it it had had a 2012 service from Zaf Basha. I had sent it to my then watchmaker to see if he could tidy the dial up a little (there is some slight smudges on the dial, the photos are a accurate representation); he could not help and was unable to reassemble the watch correctly and this resulted in some slight deformation of the outer dial. I sent it to archer watches who addressed some of the issue, some of it has corrected itself over time but it’s worth pointing out it can be seen in the photos, even if it’s not noticeable on the wrist. It was fully serviced at the time (July 2016) and I have the full 52 page service pdf and can share as part of any sale discussion. This will clearly show the dial and movement condition, so lob me an email address if you want to have a read.

20180118_095300.jpg 20180118_095247.jpg 20180118_095236.jpg 20180118_095228.jpg
    20180118_095311.jpg Because of this issue, even with the recent service I’m asking what I paid for it 3 ½ years ago (Now reduced! substantially less than that). It’s a good looking, uncommon watch with recent service history and some substantial novelty value.

The above photos are intended to show the current condition - they were taken today with natural light. I've included a wrist shot below to give a feel for the look in wear; it is currently on the burgundy strap.
    WP_20141022_002.jpg

If you want to know more about this model, check out this post that happens to be about the exact watch for sale in this instance: https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-l...he-memovox-my-recently-acquired-cal-911.4480/

I’m selling to consolidate my collection into a smaller number of more modern pieces.
    I’ve been a member of this forum since 2012 and have no desire to mislead buyers. I have a 100% feedback ebay account I am happy to share details of and have bought from many members on this forum.

I can arrange delivery in UK or USA, cost to be discussed based on your requirements. I will not understate value and the watch will be tracked and insured.

Returns are welcome if you send the watch back at your cost in the same condition.

Payment by bank transfer is preferred. Other options can be discussed. Face to face with cash is possible in London or Reading

Edited Jan 23, 2018
    ewand likes this.
  2. Mothra Jan 23, 2018

Bumped with a significant price reduction. Buyer will not be disappointed with what is a lovely watch.