Forums Latest Members
  1. rubenmakso Feb 25, 2014

Appreciate any advice:

I bought a Skyfall limited edition watch and seldom wore it. One day it was noticed that the notilucent bead was lost. The local Omega distributor / shop agreed to replace it free of charge. However, I am concerned that there would be loss in value as a result of the loss even though the bead is replaced. I think that since I seldom wore the watch, the bead must have fallen off on its own accord.

I would appreciate it if anyone could offer any advice on whether there would be loss in value as a result of the replacement. If so, whether I have a case to make a complaint against Omega for faulty product.

I am also concerned that the bead will keep falling off and would appreciate any advice on this matter too.

Thanks in advance.

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2014

It's hard to imagine your watch would lose value because of that. Omega replaced it - you have no faulty product complaint.

There is no reason to think it will fall off again either.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2014

Did they just replace the bead or the whole bezel?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2014

They'd have to replace the whole bezel I'd imagine on a Skyfall.

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 25, 2014

It is just the bead... things happen and being a modern watch, a replacement no one will know thus not hurting value or anything.

6. rubenmakso Feb 27, 2014

They just replaced the bead.

Thanks for all the feedback.

7. rubenmakso Feb 27, 2014

Still I was shocked to find that the bead could fell off so easily on an Omega watch.:(

8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 27, 2014

I've seen new car engines with failures from mercedes. It sucks but I still the the cars. It happens and I'm sure it's just a rarity. Enjoy your watch.