Nothing fancy, but got my first Omega today.

Got my first Omega today.

Actually, a few weeks ago I got my “first Omega” but had to return it due to it being one of those with the serial numbers scratched out. I didn’t feel comfortable with it at the time, but in hindsight it probably was fine. I might have overpaid a little bit for this one but I’m happy as I wanted something simple for an everyday wear. Also knowing the serial number is fine is a relief.

Just wanted to say thank you to this community as you all have been very responsive and helpful.

Lovely watch, but if I may, the correct way to start a thread like this is thus:

“Hello, my name is [xxx] and I’m an Omegaholic.”

I know most people refer to this place as OF, but it’s actually OA.

Great start down the Omega vintage rabbit hole 👍👍

Nice stuff mate, they’re a superb first vintage Omega that you can really daily wear and enjoy, wear it in good health!

Lovely watch, but if I may, the correct way to start a thread like this is thus:

“Hello, my name is [xxx] and I’m an Omegaholic.”

I know most people refer to this place as OF, but it’s actually OA.
Great start down the Omega vintage rabbit hole 👍👍

I'm already on the hunt for my second one..

Nice stuff mate, they’re a superb first vintage Omega that you can really daily wear and enjoy, wear it in good health!

Thank you! I was bidding this on eBay, then I saw you posted the same watch on the "eBay thread" which gave me more confidence that this would be a great first watch for me. Huge shout out to you.

Congratulations on your Omega.
Often regarded as the "starter" Omega, it's in no way any lesser an Omega than all of the others from that era.
It's uses the same stainless steel for the case (SS models), uses an identical movement to many other Omega models, the hands/crystal/crown from Omega's "parts selection" as well.

Take your time looking for your next Omega and don't forget to ask for advice before you commit.

It's a great entry piece. Lovely classic clean design.
Wear it in good health 😀