Forums Latest Members

Not The Black Sheep Of The Family ( Constellation )

1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 16, 2013

In my introduction I posted a picture of the last watch I bought in 2012. While my watchmaker has the movement I gave the case and bezel some TLC. Just a good cleaning and some minor detailing - carefully, to avoid touching edges or ridges. Work on gold capped cases (or any cases) should not be done if not experienced in case work (which I am). What I am not - is a good photographer...but today when I went to deliver the case to the watchmaker I took the opportunity to take some photos of the dial. Might be good as a reference for others looking for a black pie pan.

Short story in pictures (and again - sorry for the quality)

Before - just after the purchase - dirty and scratched. But I saw a diamond in the rough:

[​IMG]

After some time in the ultrasonic cleaner (good medallion - almost no wear):

[​IMG]

After some TLC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bezel is just loosely layed on top of the case

[​IMG]

And now the pictures at the watchmaker....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind regards
    JE
    PS - what is wrong with the title "box" - I did not write it that way!? I wrote of - not och.

2. ulackfocus Jan 16, 2013

I'm half decent. Wanna ship your watches to me for a few weeks? I'll get you some nice shots. :D

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 16, 2013

Ahhh, tempting but my mother always told me not to...;)

4. ulackfocus Jan 16, 2013

Drat! Foiled again!

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 2, 2013

It has come back from my watchmaker and pictures does not make it justice... I will try to take some better pics but here it is until then. The crown is an Omega service crown and will be replaced when the right model is found. The gold capped case has seen better days and the original hands got some new lume (not as yellow in reality as in the pics) as the old was falling out - but the dial.....the dial is perfect!
    Regards
    JE

[​IMG]

MKelley, astrosfan and Privateday7 like this.
  6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 2, 2013

Very nice result.......

7. Dablitzer Apr 8, 2013

:thumbsup: That's loverly!