Forums Latest Members
  1. Kdog1971 Feb 26, 2018

Hi Guys,

A month in and I love my new Speedy Pro Moonwatch. I enjoy just looking at it but the second hand is always covering the Omega name. I have two questions, How quick does running the chrono run down the watch compared to not?
    Also is there any downside to running it to 30 secs and stopping it there and not resetting?

Thanks in advance!

dscoogs likes this.
  2. dscoogs Feb 26, 2018

I have been wondering the same. I'd like to use the chrono hand to indicate the DOW (1=Sun, 2=Mon etc.) and not to cover the Omega name.

Kdog1971 likes this.
  3. bristnj Feb 26, 2018

As far as I've been told, there is no issue with stopping your chrono and not immediately resetting. No excess stress or wear on the movement or gears in doing so. I am not a watchmaker, but I have asked this question in the past to mine.

It's far worse to start the chrono and let it run all the time. That does create excess wear & tear on the gears.

Kdog1971 likes this.
  4. rohnin Feb 26, 2018

Is it okay to let the watch run down with the chrono running? How about setting the time with it running?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 27, 2018

The watch does not "run down" any quicker with the chronograph on. It will stop sooner, but that is due to the additional loads that the chronograph adds. The spring runs down at the same rate regardless of the load.

You can leave the chronograph stopped in a particular position, and it won't damage anything. However the hand is now being held in place with the friction brake rather than with the hammer on the cams, so a large shock to the watch may move the hand.

Neither are a problem.

Cheers, Al

Jwit, Kmart, MaiLollo and 3 others like this.
  6. Kdog1971 Feb 27, 2018

Thank you Archer!!
    cher

7. vbrad26 Feb 27, 2018

Good to know.
    Just got my Speedy and since it has no date function I decided to stop the chrono second hand on the number of the day.
    So if it is the 27th today, the chrono second hand is stopped on the 27 second mark.
    Tomorrow, I will advance it by one second.

rohnin likes this.
  8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 27, 2018