Forums Latest Members
  1. antparker Nov 28, 2016

Hi Guys,

I have been quietly reading away, doing my homework on vintage omegas, Not necessarily looking to purchase just yet, however this just came up for sale on a site i sometimes look through (I look through here for cars not watches!)

Just wondering what you guys can tell me about it please? i appreciate there really isn't a lot to go off of, but the estimated price seems rather on the low side too!

http://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/1960s-omega-manually-wound-wristwatch
    [​IMG]
    Many Thanks

Ant

2. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2016

Clean basic men's dress watch, not an expert by any means. I'm sure other members will have a plethora of information on this piece, but I personally can't say much else about it without seeing the movement.. I'd stick to purchasing through the forum or a recommended source. These guys know where the highest condition pieces are at, and if you're new to collecting you should take ownership of a "condition is king" mentality! That mixed with buying what makes your "heart melt" should be a good start.

As far as this specific piece goes, it's as basic as it gets & does not excite me very much. We all have our own preference!

Enjoy the hunt,

Thomas

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 29, 2016

antparker likes this.
  4. antparker Nov 29, 2016

Thanks for the advice guys, I do really like the very clean basic look of some of the early omegas, but yes perhaps your right i should stick to buying from forums etc where there are better descriptions and photos of condition etc.

efauser, thanks for the link, some interesting stuff there!