Forums Latest Members
  1. jeff uk Nov 8, 2015

Hi All
    As much as i would like to wear this watch, its just not doing it for me. A well known member put it correctly you either love it or hate it. I don't hate it ,but get more enjoyment in wearing a more modern timepiece. So for them that love the watch a few more photos before it gets put away. And has IMG_1308.jpg IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1310.jpg IMG_1311.JPG IMG_1312.JPG IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1327.JPG IMG_1328.JPG any one else had the same feelings about a watch and what model was it and why.

Best Regards

Jeff

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 8, 2015

I'll probably be banned from the site but I have three: My Speedmaster 145.022-76, Flightmaster 910 and Dynamic; all three will be going on the market after they return from service. I can't really explain the Speedy, it just does nothing for me. The Flightmaster is entirely too chunky and I really don't like the way the Dynamic looks and feels on my wrist.
    I have several 50's and 60's Constellations and Seamasters that seem to be a better look.

Peemacgee likes this.
  3. George.A Nov 8, 2015

Sometimes it just happens. I've had watches I was madly in love with before owning them and felt rather unhappy while wearing them for different reasons (Sinn 103 klassik - 1 or 2 mm too thick, Zenith El Primero HW - 2mm to wide just to name a few). Luckily, this goes the other way as well :). For example: a 34mm Rolex with a gorgeous blue dial and a square IWC. Both seemed too small when I bought them, both look just right now.

Frunkinator likes this.
  4. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Nov 8, 2015

Happens to the best of us...

5. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 8, 2015

while we are confessing: the 1950ies/60ies constellations do very little for me ... but I have a 67 or so RLX 1600 that was instant love for me ... possibly b/c it does not scream ROLEX all the way ... and it does not get any more classic than that (could come out of a 2000 catalogue of a company with good taste ;-)

[​IMG]

also as my eyesight gets worse, I sold a couple of watches that I found hard to read the time ... mostly due to the extremely shiny hands or too busy dials ...

got rid of that on watchrecon a couple of weeks ago :

[​IMG]

and now i find a similar problem with that one (also on watchrecon now)

[​IMG]

for both I identified the extremely polished hands as the culprit ... sometimes they really stand out and sometimes it is trickier to "find" them.

cheers al

Edited Nov 8, 2015
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 8, 2015

I'll be happy to take any you may have off your hands.

7. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Nov 8, 2015

For me it was the Rolex 1675... I always wanted one and have went through 4 or 5 of them. I would enjoy it for a few months but they wouldn't do it for me after. I picked this 1655 up and am loving it. :)

IMG_5174.JPG

marturx, gatorcpa, ulackfocus and 5 others like this.
  8. toddle321 Nov 8, 2015

Nicely done! :thumbsup: The 1655 is one that I actually never liked in pics, but I tried on @adam78's a couple weeks ago and loved the watch. I always assumed it was a Sub case, didn't realize that it's a bit smaller.

9. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 8, 2015

sold 2 last week ... drop me a pm to keep you posted on future ones

cheers, Al

10. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 8, 2015

wow, that is right up my style ...

problem is: I have Bentley style and Honda buying power :D

cheers,
    Al

11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 8, 2015

let the PM's begin!!!!

12. speedbird Nov 8, 2015

1665 DRSD for me. I had it and realized I was wearing a jumped up red Sub at 3x the price. So I thought I'd trade down to a 1680 Red, which is basically the same as a white. Long story short, I got a GMT instead and put the balance back in the bank. Couldn't be happier, especially not having that liability on my wrist.

13. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Nov 8, 2015

I realized during my ownership of some vintage caliber 321 Speedmaster that I really like the Professional case...
    Yup. I actually do NOT prefer the straight-lug Ed White model that everyone else seems to covet. No PM's please...it has already found a fine home here with one of our own.

14. ulackfocus Nov 8, 2015

If anyone bans you for that, I'll unban you and ban them with extreme prejudice. :p (well, unless it was Trev or Ash) Not a Speedmaster guy myself; at least not the moon watch style. There was a red & black automatic that was pretty hot a few years back though, and if I didn't have a 7750 in my Breitling I would have bought that for sure.

It's worse for me - I like it in pics and LOVE it on my wrist. Got a friend from another forum who has one and it's SWEET. Glad Kyle has one - if I ever meet him at a GTG I can wear his for a few minutes. ;)

toddle321 likes this.