(Not a) Barn Find 145.022-69

Hi OF,

Hope you don’t mind, but I want to show off a new acquisition. I hear a lot about “barn finds” and while they can be spectacular they don’t seem to come my way so I find a bit more pleasure in a treasure found in the Big Bay. Being the only one to turn over a rock is cool, finding that same rock in a place people search everyday is a bit more rewarding for me.

Picked this one up a few weeks back. No reserve auction, late evening W. Coast end time helped me a bit I am sure. 145.022-69 with a 2911xxxx serial number.

No wrist cheese, more of a safe-queen. Movement looks untouched. Not sure if that red is original caseback seal or not (don’t know if they did that in 1970?) but regardless it is super clean.
IMG_6769.jpeg IMG_6767.jpeg IMG_6766.jpeg IMG_6765.jpeg IMG_6764.jpeg IMG_6770.jpeg IMG_6773.jpeg
I had a 10% off eBay coupon on top. 😎
That made me extra happy, I am a cheap bastard at my core lol

Because of what I paid I keep looking to see if I missed a big red flag but I don’t think so. Paid closer to the Fair price than Good on the SP101 price chart. Please nitpick away, let me know what I missed.
Edited:

Sounds like a huge bargain given the condition and brown dial (correct serial range for that, as you probably know). Congrats. 👍

[The overall vintage watch market seems very slow right now, so it's a good time to buy.]

Seems like a score. Congrats.

That case is razor sharp as well!

Wow, amazing one buddy. The dial looks a little brown as well (as pointed out by @Dan S).
I am looking forward to seeing a daylight shot of this one ! It is absolutely gorgeous 🥰🥰🥰! What a bargain !

That’s is probably the most beautiful vintage Speedy I’ve ever seen. Congrats on a great find

Sounds like a huge bargain given the condition and brown dial (correct serial range for that, as you probably know).
The dial looks a little brown as well (as pointed out by @Dan S).
I am looking forward to seeing a daylight shot of this one !

It has good dark chocolate tones and nicely contrasts the bezel but I wouldn’t quite call it a brown dial. Here it is in daylight, on a 1039 to make it a more neutral background, brown straps always accentuate color in dials I think.
IMG_6886.jpeg IMG_6889.jpeg
Thanks for the nice words, all.

I had that one in my watch list on the ‘bay…if I hadn’t just purchased another 68ST a few days prior we would have been fighting over it 😉. Glad to see it went to good home with a fellow OF member!

Amazing find! More motivation for me to keep searching for one of these gems...thank you for sharing.

Congrats. I'm with you, I have never found anything in a barn sales, garage sales, nor yard sales.

Nice Speedy. Wear it in health.