Forums Latest Members

SOLD NOS Vintage LIP diver w rare working mechanical thermometer!

1. reficul_x Jul 7, 2018

On sale today is a rather rare, quirky branded LIP NOS diver watch from the 1960s with a working mechanical thermometer!

Watch measures 36mm, rather cool with a thermometer that doesn't use anything but a tiny spiral spring to calculate the estimated temperature. It works very well, and I even tested it in the freezer, below -10 degrees Celsius, under above 32 degrees celsius under the hot Singapore sun! Interesting to note that watch does not freeze below 0 in the freezer and works very well without stopping. No condensation formed under the crystal which is a good sign that watch is pretty waterproof. Diver watch measures 60 ATM but I think its better to get a pressure check before diving (C'mon use a Casio).

I did not open the watch as this is NOS and I do not want any marks on it. But manual wind watch works great and keeps time well.

I am asking for USD 1,400, that comes with the original strap, and double box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prefers bank wire but will take paypal IF you pay the fees and in SGD only (FX is a killer for me for paypal)

Will ship worldwide and fedex included (3 days shipping) anywhere.

Please email me at reficul_x AT yahoo.com

ANALOGUE, Brianstoops, shishy and 3 others like this.
  2. reficul_x Jul 8, 2018

Gone! Thanks J