Forums Latest Members

FS NOS vintage 1040 bracelet with 734 end pieces - NOW SOLD

1. w154 Apr 17, 2016

This bracelet is genuinely NOS as far as I can tell. There are not really any marks on it anywhere. It is fitted with 734 end links. The no.12 clasp looks mint also, but seems to have a slight problem closing all the way. The little tab on the inside clips in fine, but then the clasp doesn't want to pass all the way down over the end of the bracelet. Perhaps the pin is fractionally too wide that attaches the clasp to the bracelet. I have attached a photo to show where it stops normally. You can see it has bent the side of the clasp out slightly, but that should easily bend back in. It came to me fitted to a NOS Seamaster case, but that is not included in this sale (will be listed sometime shortly on its own).

The length is around 83-84mm on each side between the lug holes and the clamp pin, so total max length would be approx. 167mm plus the spacing between the lug holes on the watch head. Just ask if you have more questions...

Cost:
    375 euros

Shipping:
    Shipping will be added at cost price, which of course depends on destination country.

Shipping Country:
    The bracelet will ship out of Germany

Payment:
    Bank transfer or Paypal. I am normally quite strict that Paypal payments should be friends and family as otherwise fraudulent reversals are too easy. As a newbie here, I will accept standard Paypal payments from buyers with reasonable forum post counts and/or positive feedback as a buyer. The fees haven't been factored into the price though, so for standard payments 4% will be added to the total.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    OMGRLX and ahartfie like this.
  2. w154 May 31, 2016

Bump... Now open to offers on the 1040/734.

3. Longbow Aug 28, 2016

Hi @w154,
    Just took a look at the 1040 No.12 bracelet on my '69/70 Connie and it seems a bit different to the one you have here. Mine has less taper from lug to clasp and the clasp also looks a little different. How wide is yours at the first link just after the end-piece and at the removable links?
    IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG
    IMG_3386.PNG

Jwit likes this.
  4. w154 Aug 28, 2016

The last link before the end-piece is 18.60mm wide. The two removable links are 17.15mm then 16.55mm at the clasp side, and on the open side the three removable links are 16.10mm then 15.90mm then 15.70mm. So it's right that they are tapering. The bracelet came with some other Omega parts from the seventies, some of which appear to be genuine prototypes. Maybe this is somehow non-standard ?

5. Longbow Sep 1, 2016

Quick update. While searching eBay I came across a C case Constellation with a 1093 bracelet that has a clasp like yours with that cut out thing (which my 10140/No.12 doesn't).
    image.jpeg
    I also noticed that your bracelet has some additional or later added extension links. Playing around with exposure etc makes this a bit more visible than in your photo.
    image.jpeg
    I wonder if the official Omega extension links (114ST3011) are the same shape and colour as the ones above?
    Altogether an interesting mix of bits

6. w154 Sep 4, 2016

Bracelet and end links are SOLD.

Thanks to Omega Forum and of course to the buyer !