Forums Latest Members

OHPF NOS Omega Geneve ‘TV dial’ caliber 1481, absolutely stunning original new old stock condition

1. Tom Dick and Harry Mar 6, 2016

Morning all

This is a very rare as NOS Omega Geneve cal 1481 ‘TV’, it is running Omegas in-house cal 1481, a remarkable and enormously underrated movement developed by the company in 1970.

IMG_0527.JPG

The watch is NOS, there is virtually no wear to the watch at all with the exception of a few light storage marks, it is showing only the lightest of storage marks.

IMG_0531.JPG

Everything about the watch is original and complete, it is in exemplary condition and I genuinely do not think you will ever find another one like this, it genuinely is that good. I have complimented it with period NOS rally band but it is also supplied with the original NOS Omega band and Omega buckle.

IMG_0533.JPG

As previously mentioned it is running Caliber 1481, serial number dates this to 1971/2. It is keeping good time and as previously mentioned the watch is NOS as is the movement.

IMG_0534.JPG

The watch is extremely wearable and has a real wrist presence, probably un be known to most forum members is that this was a production version of a prototype Beta 21 made in 1969 which was entered in to numerous design competitions. Ultimately the production version for the B21 went down a different route but this awesome case design was adopted the following year for the Geneve range.

Condition:

Case: New old stock, few light storage marks

Dial and hands: New old stock, a gorgeous honey patina to the tritium and the silver sunburst dial looks simply amazing

Strap: New old stock peccary rally and NOS original Omega band and buckle.

Caseback: New old stock with purple gel coat

Movement: Matching the watch and in brand new condition, working perfectly, including in innovative push in quick date setting. The movement has been checked over and timed and regulated in my ownership.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I am looking for £775 for the watch shipped RMSD or international signed for.

Payment via BT or PP gift (or you cover fees).

2. Tom Dick and Harry Mar 7, 2016

Chaps, forgot got mention I am happy to consider trades on this one, my preference is a directly sale though

These really are rare watches, they do come up from time to time but not in this sort of condition, the 1481 movement is genuinely a beauty and whilst original intended as an entry level automatic movement IMHO the winding system and things like the push quick date really do make it a gem of an engine

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 7, 2016

More for being intrigued than interested ( and to help others interested) do you have a side and back view?

4. Tom Dick and Harry Mar 7, 2016

Yes of course, here is the case back, away for three days so more pics when I return of required.

image.jpeg

Gas 73, Lonestar and STANDY like this.