Forums Latest Members

SOLD NOS Omega Constellation 'Marine Chronometer' 1516, serviced, orignal mahogany box, unworn

1. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 31, 2015

Afternoon all

It's with a very very heavy heart I am offering this up for sale but with recent events needs must and I hope it will go to a good a loving home on the forum before offering it up elsewhere.

Everyone on the forum who knows me knows that my passion is Omega watches and more over I have a real thing about the Megaquartz 2400 series of watches. For me these are amongst the most special watches ever made! In short for those not in the know they are the most accurate Omega ever made and amongst the most accurate watches ever made, accurate to 1 second per month and made way back when in the early 1970's!

IMG_9547.JPG

This watch is a calbire 1516, was the final incarnation of the famous Marine Chronometer, produced in only 7000 examples it differed from the earlier 1511 with a slightly smaller case and sapphire crystal glass. The calibre 1516 movement was marginally smaller (main plate) than the 1511 but still had the same 1 second per month accuracy.

IMG_9549.JPG

The original list price in 1975 for a calibre 1510 was £814 compared to the moon watch at £136 so that will give you an idea of the quality and prestige of the piece.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, this watch has been amongst my personal stash of Megaquartz's for four years now, it is NOS and unworn, there is the smallest of marks on the bezel (top) and the odd light storage mark but other than that it is perfect. The watch was fully serviced by STS two years ago and has just had a new battery and seals.

IMG_9551.JPG

I am happy to provide a 6 month warranty with the watch but TBH its in new unworn condition, has been fully serviced and has just had a new battery so it simply does not get any better than this.

IMG_9552.JPG

The watch is presented with the original Marine Chronometer Mahogany box (in perfect new condition) and even comes with the external polystyrene out packaging it would have been shipped in, it has the original tag and the original instructions and I will supply it with a new reproduction Marine Chronometer certificate holder, the only thing the new owner will need to do is order the duplicate certs from beasncon (50CHF) which is really easy to do and I can advise them of the process.

IMG_9554.JPG

These are very rare watch to start out with but with this amazing condition makes it very special. It is keeping time to 0.03SPD or better than 1 second per month and has been fully serviced and overhauled! Servicing these won't leave you much change from £1000 now but the new owner will have complete peace of mind knowing the beauty is ready to go and will not require work for years to come and I will offer a 6 month warranty to the new owner!

IMG_9556.JPG

I am looking for £2750 shipped

Postage via RMSD or International Signed for, international buyers wanting additional services can be arranged separately (Parcel Force or FedEx for example) at your cost.

Paypment via BT or PP gift (or you cover fees) and shippping via RMSD or Internaitonal Signed for

Cheers Tom

Edited Oct 31, 2015
    GregH, supersimon, italy1861 and 7 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Oct 31, 2015

Purple snot on the caseback! ::love::

3. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 31, 2015

Indeed, don't get any better than this one!

Forgot to mention earlier the bezel is solid gold and the plaque in the front displays the watches serial number (also engraved on to the movement)