Forums Latest Members
  1. Edantony Dec 11, 2018

Hi OmegaFam,

If I've learned anything of these last couple of years posting and mostly lurking on OmegaForums, its that at 200 posts, even though you've been around for a while, well - you're only just getting started. I guess that makes this introduction thread both long overdue, and terribly precocious. Kind of like a New Old Stock (NOS) watch.

28, living in New York for the last couple of years - recently a dad and happily married. French, with an undying love for vintage watches. I started my collection with an OMEGA 30T2, purchased from Matthew Bain (see hereunder).

30t2ondune.jpg alaskaonexotic.jpg alaskapurple.jpg dialleonidas.jpg redseabaylorcoat.jpg

Then, fell in love with the Omega Speedmaster Professional Alaska Project (above)

I've kept both and traded on different watches here and there (see Baylor above), now waiting for a franken pilot Leonidas watch to hit my doorstep (above).

My love of watches also brought me to build NILOTICUS NATO straps, which a small business we run jointly and we basically design NATO strap and other watch accessories with an orientalist vibe.

I've got a couple listings on the forum if you want to take a look out of curiosity:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/dune-camo-nato-strap-by-niloticus.86174/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/red-sea-camo-nato-strap-by-niloticus.86498/

Thanks for reading me, and thanks OmegaForum for all the hard work making this place what it is, a fabulous treasure trove of information and a place where you can just about anything.

Emilien D.

2. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Dec 11, 2018

Straps are definitely a horse of a different color. Wizard of Oz reference. They are nice and very unique.

Edantony likes this.
  3. Edantony Dec 11, 2018

Thanks,I appreciate the kind words

4. jmazpiazu Dec 12, 2018

Nice collection you got there. I particularly like the Leonidas Flieger from the 30s. What does the lettering just below the hands say?

Edantony likes this.
  5. Edantony Dec 12, 2018

Its the name of the originial retailer (Milan T. Stefanovich), and the city - Belgrade!

jmazpiazu likes this.
  6. jmazpiazu Dec 12, 2018

That´s a very interesting watch indeed. It seems that it was sold by the same retailer as the Longines below, another interesting and rare watch btw.

58709_1G.jpg

Edantony likes this.
  7. Edantony Dec 12, 2018

Yes, same coat of arms too - that of King Alexander Karagjordgevic 1st, king of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes.

jmazpiazu likes this.
  8. alam Dec 12, 2018

FIFY above.. :) but I must say that's a great looking Omega 30T2 you got there! ::love::

Edantony likes this.
  9. Edantony Dec 12, 2018

10. Waltesefalcon Dec 12, 2018

Nice collection, that Leonidas is outstanding.

Edantony likes this.
  11. MCC Dec 12, 2018

Completely agree with @alam that 30T2 is gorgeous

Edantony likes this.