Forums Latest Members
  1. Grasshoper Apr 8, 2017

Hi everyone! this is my first post here. After I bought my wife an Omega for her birthday I became somewhat obssesed with Omega watches ::screwloose::and starting to look some for myself (already have a few watches but no Omega). Please can you take a look and tell me if this looks legit:
    [​IMG]

Many thanks

Edited by a mod Jun 1, 2023
    efauser and blacktiger like this.
  2. blacktiger Apr 8, 2017

Welcome to the forums!

Hope you can find what you're looking for and more whilst you're here! In terms of the piece you posted, from my relatively untrained eye, I would have thought it was redial (the dial has been repainted from the original). I'm only looking at the "Seamaster" font at the moment as the "S" to me looks a little strange, take a look at some other models in the same age etc and have a look.

I would wait until one of the more experienced members here give their own input as I may be completely wrong! :p

Thought I would put my input in anyway and to welcome you to the forums! :)

- Dan

3. Grasshoper Apr 8, 2017

Thanks D, will do, Cheers

4. knvqn Apr 8, 2017

The dial looks like it has been repainted. What gives it away, is in particular the boldness of Seamaster compared to the rest of the text.

I would suggest you take a look in the private sales section, where you surely can find a proper watch from one of the members.

blacktiger likes this.
  5. knvqn Apr 8, 2017

Furthermore, if you check the description of the advertisement, it clearly states "It has been restored to its original showroom condition, pristine."

blacktiger likes this.
  6. blacktiger Apr 8, 2017

I can second that :p

7. Grasshoper Apr 9, 2017

Thanks guys

blacktiger likes this.