Forums Latest Members

Non Watch Related Vent: Logistics Nightmare

1. WatchVaultNYC Sep 21, 2016

Many of you guys know that I run an online store that sells watches. It does really well, but the business that pays the bills is in the manufacture and sale of custom-fitted luggage for modern roadsters. If you have one of these in your car, there's a very good chance that it has my logo on it.

Yesterday, I was informed that the latest shipment (I have these made overseas - not China), has just arrived at the Port of San Diego. My fulfillment center is in New Jersey. Some doofus from the manufacturing end basically thought that since I moved my person from East Coast to West Coast, that a warehouse full of inventory packed it's bags and relocated itself along with me.

So now I have to figure out a way (and spend a lot of $$$ doing so), to move metric tons of goods from San Diego to NJ. My customs broker is on it, but has been shaking his head all morning.

Ugh

Edited Sep 21, 2016
  2. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Sep 21, 2016

I bet doofus is the name of the computer
    Damn
    Operating system
    F%#=*s
    Up
    S@&$

3. ATWG Sep 21, 2016

Just USHIP it, it's easy and is insured...you'd be amazed at how cheap and reliable it is. I had 2.5 Tons of Argentinian lime stone shipped from Miami to DC for $650 right to my door step, it's amazing service.

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  4. rcs914 Sep 21, 2016

I assume that volume plays some role here though. 2.5 tons of limestone is about 1 or 2 pallets worth. I'm going to guess that luggage takes up a bit more space ;-)

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  5. ATWG Sep 21, 2016

2 pallets, you are correct!