Forums Latest Members

Nomos Zurich Worldtimer - opinions?

1. NT931 Apr 3, 2016

This wasn't on my radar, til I tried one recently and I was captivated by the dial, and the different layers.
    image.jpeg
    I liked the white dial, but I learned about the blue dial version, and even though I haven't seen it in the metal, damn it looks good.

Could I ask the members here who either own one (eg. @Traveler with his white version) or @toddle321 (who sold his) or anyone else who's tried it .... what were your long term impressions of the watch?

So far all the reviews I've seen are mostly those written on the usual blogs (Hodinkee, Fratello etc) when the watches were launched, so a owner's mid-to-long term perspective would help, if anyone could share.

Thanks!

2. Traveler Apr 3, 2016

Mine is long gone .... After a while, it just seemed a little 'bland' ... If ever I go back to one it will be the blue dialed version, which looks really nice on the wrist. I have to say, for the money they are very nice watches, but the white faced one just didn't have enough 'personality' for me in the end....

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 3, 2016

The blue works much better IMHO

4. Hijak Apr 3, 2016

I believe Todd, @toddle321 , has one of these with the blue dial::popcorn::...

5. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. Apr 4, 2016

I feel like all those cities counteract Nomos' normal simplicity/clean look

6. nickw Apr 4, 2016

Functionally, I prefer GMT watches that couple cities or timezones with the number or with day night indicators. This is a super neat/original functional design if you only care about the time 2 places.

7. Brandon_Dexter Apr 4, 2016

I am a big Nomos fan and have been for several years. Cannot get into that piece with the white dial. The blue is a little better. But to me Nomos was built on that German Bauhaus look. Much like Junghans. This piece just seems too busy for that image.
    Here is the current Nomos that's in my safe. Really enjoy the Metro PR.
    [​IMG]

tyrantlizardrex and George.A like this.
  8. Drawarms Apr 4, 2016

next to the new patek world timer chrono, prob the best one out there.

9. ISAKOFF Apr 4, 2016

NOMOS killed it with that watch!

10. Jminchoi Apr 5, 2016

I like the Zurich Worldtimer. The watch and movement are beautiful. My niggles with the watch were that I could barely see the time on a quick glance as the white hands had a tendency to wash out with the dial, and the bezel-less Nomos look means that it looks and wear large as it looks in your pic. My fav size on the Nomos is 35mm as I have 6.5" wrists. The darker blue dial might give the appearance of a slightly smaller look.

11. Andreas Apr 5, 2016

i haven't saw the white one in person but i have seen the blue dial and it looks amazing.
    if you are considering this be sure to check the blue one as well

12. NT931 Apr 5, 2016

Thanks folks for your opinions and thoughts!

Sounds like if anything, the blue one is the way to go, if my wrists can carry off the 50mm lug-to-lug distance (it does wear a bit big for me). Will pause and ponder - thanks everyone!

13. uvalaw2005 Apr 5, 2016

I've owned and like them both. I do think they still carry the Nomos tradition with them, though not the stricly Bauhaus design principles. Also agree that the blue wears a little smaller, and the Nomos blue is a relatively unique and lovely color, so depending on how it fits in your overall collection that might be another reason to go blue.