Forums Latest Members
  1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 19, 2015

I always love watching out for what Nomos is producing next.

I personally own an Orion 33mm and I love it very much. Nomos isn't afraid to make sub 38mm watches and indeed seems to actively shoot for 33-37mm's. It's something you just don't see in the modern age.

They introduced a new and thinner inhouse automatic this year (caliber DUW 3001) and a new line of watches to showcase it in (the Minimatic at 35.5 mm in diameter!). At first I was a bit turned off from the design - I think it's the hands. But I have since warmed up it. I felt the same initial skepticism about the Metro. Nomos will surely make many different variations of dial and hand colors, as they tend to do. The lugs are more traditional than some of their older offerings.

What do you think?

144dpi_Slider_DUW3001_Baselworld.jpg csm_Modellseite_Minimatik_1024x819_5db2e0a625 (1).jpg
    Decrin, pcdubc, SeanO and 6 others like this.
  2. Hijak Mar 19, 2015

That movement is absolutely beautiful!:thumbsup:

epl108 and OmegaRookie like this.
  3. gophishin Mar 19, 2015

I was having this discussion with a friend the other day, IMO, Nomos is the only brand I can think of that I truly like and would wear every single one of their offerings. There are a lot of brands that "do it right" and can seemingly do no wrong, and at least to my tastes, Nomos is one of them.

I really like the case on the minimatic. They describe it as being more feminine, so not sure what that says about me, but I'd rock it.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 19, 2015

it's beautiful, clean, uncluttered and elegant. what's not to like?

pcdubc and OmegaRookie like this.
  5. OmegaRookie Mar 19, 2015

Im not big on the red hands but I just went on the website. Really simple and elegant watches. I like them.

6. Allant Mar 19, 2015

I love to wear my Orion. I like the way it sits on my wrist and it's clean, understated Bauhaus design.

7. Papa Legba May 4, 2015

Honestly the mini-matik is probably their only offering that I'm not wild about. Movement is gorgeous but something about that particular blue with the red that clashes for me. Am curious to see what else they put the DUW 3001 in

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 4, 2015

Give it blued hands and it is a winner.

9. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids May 4, 2015

I agree - though the shape of the hands aren't really appealing to me either.

They remind me of a Withings watch, from Kickstarter. Perhaps inspiration? ;)

withings-activite-5.jpg
  10. threeputtbogey May 4, 2015

Always been intrigued by the Nomos and this one is no different.