Forums Latest Members
  1. filipkvist Feb 15, 2017

Hey!

Ended up in this forum for about 4-5 months ago. Mainly to read about different models of course. Now I've made my first purchase, the Omega Speedmaster Reduced. Bought from an Italian trader via Chrono24, all went really well. Very happy with the watch, and the size of 39mm sits well on my smaller wrist (even if I one day want to buy a professional).

I have a question and hopefully someone recognize my problem? When I put the watch on this morning I noticed a little less rattling sound. Thought at first it was just links, but now I'm completely sure it's not. Is this normal for an automatic perhaps? Maybe something is loose inside, the rotor?

Here's a video of the sound.

And a picture of course :)

Thanks in advance!

IMG_0081.JPG
    Edited Feb 15, 2017
  2. tyrantlizardrex Feb 15, 2017

Time for a service?

Archer likes this.
  3. Vicke Feb 15, 2017

Is there a watchmaker thats open at 8.40? :D

4. filipkvist Feb 15, 2017

Not really. 2 years since last one. And it keeps time very good.

5. tyrantlizardrex Feb 15, 2017

Keeping good time sadly has no correlation with whether or not a watch needs a service.

The seller told you it had a service two years ago I take it? From Omega? From a reputable watchmaker? From someone they use cheaply to make watches run?

With the noises it's making, it needs to go to a watchmaker for investigation if nothing else.

6. filipkvist Feb 15, 2017

Thank you. I will have it looked tomorrow.

7. cwindham Feb 15, 2017

Sounds like the movement is rattling around inside the case. Have you taken the case back off to see if there is a movement holder around it? With the movement secured to the dial, it shouldn't rattle that much. Maybe a loose rotor screw?

Definitely take it to a competent watchmaker and do not use improper tools to open the caseback yourself.
    Good luck and keep us posted on what the issue is.

8. filipkvist Feb 16, 2017

according the watchmaker it's the rotor that is loose(it plays a bit). He also told me that is pretty usual for this movements? Anyways, the watch was sent back to the seller today for service under warranty.