Forums Latest Members
  1. mcdow58 Sep 28, 2015

Hello all. I'm brand new here and love the forum topics, very informative. I know absolutely nothing yet about vintage Omegas but look forward to learning. I have been wanting an older watch for a long time so for our anniversary my wife bought me one on eBay. The listing says that it is WW2 era but it seems in way too good of condition. I would guess at the very a redial but could all be fake. Regardless, I do LOVE the look so I will definitely keep and wear. Thoughts? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 28, 2015

Not fake but it's definitely a redial. The lume plots alone look like they've been applied using a cotton-bud (Q-tip for our cousins over the pond).

mcdow58 likes this.
  3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 28, 2015

The outside of the caseback on genuine military-issued watches will generally be stamped.

Looks like a genuine Omega, military issued... not so sure.

Does yours have anything there?

4. devnull Sep 28, 2015

The serial number on the mechanism puts it (the mechanism itself) between 1944 and 1947. What is the mechanism reference number? I could not quite make the watch reference number on the back of the case back.

5. mcdow58 Sep 28, 2015

Sorry. I haven't received it yet. Will add more pics once it makes its way here. This is what was listed on eBay. I was concerned with dial and hands. Thanks for the responses.

Edited Sep 28, 2015
  6. buddman Sep 28, 2015

Military watches were often sent in for servicing at a military office, and parts were swapped and changed with little regard to keeping it perfectly original. Also, old radium dials were all changed for tritium, so a replaced dial would be expected. Best to ask for help and insight for one of the military watch resource forums.

7. mcdow58 Oct 5, 2015

It finally came and I love the look even if it is a redial. Question: for someone with little experience with watches, can I remove the back easily or should I take it to a jeweler to see the model number if there is one? Thank you image.jpeg

8. buddman Oct 5, 2015

it should pop off with a knife, but I think it might also have an inside second cover - a dust cover. is so, be careful putting it all back together as if you put the casebook on and the duct cover is not properly aligned, you can squash the mechanism.

9. mcdow58 Oct 5, 2015

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it

10. mcdow58 Oct 13, 2015

I finally got the back cover off. I noticed a 10.4 and then another number etched inside back cover just above the serial number. Any idea what this would be. Thanks to all who have helped. I may just take it to the Omega dealer the next time I go to Chicago and see if they can tell me anything by looking at it.