Forums Latest Members
  1. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 13, 2013

2. ulackfocus Aug 13, 2013

I've seen a few chocolate dials, but never knew there are caramel Speedies too. What's next - frappuccino? :p

3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Aug 13, 2013

Can't comment on the Speedy but I like his listing for DPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Networkouglas Baders watch. The man was AWESOME!!

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 13, 2013

Dial legit - for me a bit too aged no matter what the hue is. Bezel of course a modern replacement - seller says he will put up pictures of the original bezel but claims it is very beat up (which would go with case condition which looks beat up with corrosion). Subseconds hands are either repainted originals or repainted modern versions. Movement is in average condition with a correct serial number. Bracelet is a correct 7077 but the endlinks of course are incorrect.

Speaking for myself I would pass but considering how collectible the early speedmasters have become, it will probably fetch a decent price - probably in the vicinity of $10k or so if allowed to finish.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 13, 2013

All should note for cataloging this information, this is a 2915-3. Title adjusted.

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 13, 2013

The laser welding required definitely not be cheap. Given all things considered I wouldn't bother.

7. michael e Still learning. Aug 14, 2013

Hello.
    This is my watch guys. I have had many vintage speedmaster's in the past but nothing that looked like this watch, yes it has cosmetic issues but I have not seen another 2915-3 in any condition available for sale in the UK or anywhere else for that matter especially with a dial that colour.
    I have had tons of interest so far, in fact more than any other watch I have listed in a long time. To me this a very rare and beautiful speedmaster and like myself I am sure collectors will want to own it too.
    All the best Mick

8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 14, 2013

All good points, hard to argue against.

but then, unlike the other posters, I am an out of the closet buyer.

the only thing against it is that as a -3 it lacks the distinctive hands of the earlier references and so does not raise my blood lust as high a set of original broad arrow hands.

seems like we have something to watch......

9. cvalue13 Aug 14, 2013

Up to $13,000 U.S. with 8 days left?! What am I missing here?

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 14, 2013

for me nothing to get exited about. it is a very nice dial in my opinion; have a look how much rolex fans pay for these discolourations......VRF forum........ hands not a big issue for me either. the case pitting( between the lugs ) kills it for me.and it looks like there is some shill bidding going on. it might be back after the sale..... kind regards. achim

11. pitpro Likes the game. Aug 14, 2013

I agree. The bidder who bid it up all the way from the bottom has bid on 4 different watches
    this seller currently has up for auction. Be careful. And it's caveat emptor because ebay will
    never police this. It's not in their interests

12. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 14, 2013

not only that; this bidder with 517 ebay positives has the following ebay comment:::::::::::
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: [​IMG]47%
    ........kind regards. achim

13. michael e Still learning. Aug 15, 2013

Let me clear this up for you.
    The bidder in question is very well know to me and is someone I consider a friend. I have sold him several speedmasters in the past, In fact more people I know and have dealt with though collecting speedmasters and other collectable watches have called me about this watch trying to get me to sell it to them and have been asking me to put a value on it, and that is not including the amount of buy it now requests and offers I have had. I have said this to them> I cannot put a value on it, I have not seen another so will not put a price on it, the watch will be left on auction. I have put it on eBay because it is something quite rare and unusual and will let collectors decide the price.
    A few of the usernames who are bidding on this watch I recognise and have dealt with before either on eBay or off of eBay. I also source parts for speedmasters and get many parts requests through my other username on eBay which is *english*auctions*. I know I have happily dealt with a few people on this very forum too.
    The way the bidding has gone has been a very nice surprise. I believe this is good news for Omega collectors but to be honest I will be disappointed if the bidding stops here.
    At this moment I am selling three of rarest collectable watches I have ever owned, these for me are once in a lifetime sales so your support would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers Mick

14. flame Speedmaster Neil Aug 15, 2013

Hi

Mick's Ok in my book....dealt with previously & true to his word....which is rarely seen nowadays !

Some People should perhaps remember their P's & Q's....
    GLWTS -

Best -Neil

Spacefruit likes this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

I have purchased items from Michael under his *english*auctions* eBay name. Very satisfactory transactions.

stef2010 likes this.
  16. michael e Still learning. Aug 15, 2013

Thank you for the above comments Flame (Neil) and cicindela. (Steve)
    The high bidder has now backed out much to the delight of the high bidder now, He is quite happy about this thread, He sends his regards :)
    Thanks Mick

17. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 15, 2013

michael, you walk a very fine line. if your friend ( 517 positives) pulls out , your price will drop. if not and he was just a friend, you have hefty ebay fees. if you cancel the auction after the end because of the above reasons, ebay is watching these actions quite a bit...... if high prices are achived by a stable sales record and any new record propells our favourite brand sky high, then we all would have been rich after Omegamania. that did not last a bit. and high prices restrict new collectors to enjoy our field. one way or the other, we are all buyers and sellers. and trust is our biggest commodity. kind regards. achim

18. ulackfocus Aug 15, 2013

Now there's the mark of a true Omega savant. Adjusts title of the thread for the exact reference number, then misspells title in his post about the title correction. :p

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 15, 2013

Title?? Hey, you adjust what you want , and I'll adjust what I want. V V groucho.gif

20. JulienLeBreton Aug 15, 2013

Never seen this type of colours on a speedy, but it can occurs on rolex dials... but some colours are just made up, since it increase the value of them, which is not really the case for an Omega.