Forums Latest Members
  1. Gordon Heavyfoot Oct 16, 2016

Hello all. I was surfing Ebay and came upon this watch which to my eyes is attractive as a utilitarian "daily wearer". Looks like an original dial, not sure if the hands are proper to the watch, and the case has some honest wear/polishing. Movement looks tired and I don't see a caliber number. My main question is the inside caseback--- there is no reference number. Is this something to be concerned about or did this happen on occassion? Not sure what Omega's level of QC was in this era... Thanks as always.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-Vinta...167108?hash=item41b592bd84:g:DTsAAOSwNRdYACP~Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Oct 17, 2016

I do not know about the case back reference number however the crown appears to be wrong it should have a cloverleaf crown the hands & dial are correct the movement has issues the rotor is rubbing on the bridge so something is amiss in the bushing or axle. Not sure how hard the parts are to find to repair the issue. Finding the parts and service will add big time to the cost of the watch at the price point the watch is at now. I would pass on that watch
    Good Luck

Edited Oct 17, 2016
  3. Willem023 Oct 17, 2016

+1

Rotor seems to have been rubbing the rest of the cal harshly.
    Polished case
    Damaged lugs (backside)
    Nice looking dail, although I am not knowledgeable enough to be sure it is original. It has all the signs it is (or 'no signs -to my eye- it is not')

My2Ksh