Forums Latest Members

No love for the Railmaster Chronograph?

1. WYO_Watch Apr 22, 2017

I picked up a Railmaster Chronograph to hold me over until I found a Speedmaster Pro. I saw it on a sales forum and thought it looked great.
    Does anyone else own a Railmaster Chronograph?

I absolutely love the luminosity of the dial and the sapphire that turns blue in the sun. It sits a little higher on my wrist than I am hoping the speedy will, but it has grown on me.

I am now rather torn about parting it as I just picked up my first moon watch. I browsed the forum, but there are hardly any examples in threads or WRUW. I am pretty sure the Dynamic 3 Chronograph has more of a following here. Makes me wonder if it is just under appreciated now and I will regret swapping it out for the very popular moonwatch. I may wait until the speedy gets here before I make the call.

IMG_5765.JPG IMG_6202.JPG IMG_5780.JPG IMG_5784.JPG IMG_5787.JPG

GregH and noelekal like this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 22, 2017

Shouldn't this thread be on the Modern Omega board?

3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 22, 2017

It's very appealing to me and scarcely seen here on the Forum.

WYO_Watch likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 22, 2017

That's the big one right? Plus the blueish AR coating.

5. WYO_Watch Apr 22, 2017

Yeah it's pretty beefy - and I have heard something like "double coating" but am not entirely sure what gives it the tint.

6. WYO_Watch Apr 22, 2017

My thoughts exactly, I bought it on a whim and kind of expected to tumble into a small cult following of them. But I can't find hardly anyone talking about them. There were also at least two different models released, a metal bracelet and mine on the leather deployant. Someone must have bought some haha

@efauser my apologies if I have blatantly misplaced this post. Maybe we can ask the powers that be to move it ::shy::

7. michael22 Apr 22, 2017

I think I like it better than a Speedy; less cluttered dial.

WYO_Watch likes this.
  8. WYO_Watch Apr 22, 2017

I will let you know when the speedy arrives if I agree. Watches are so much different in person. I tried a speedmaster on at an AD but was wearing a Dynamic Chrono and not the railmaster so it wasn't much to compare. The only downside I can see is you don't get the tachymeter bezel with the railmaster.

9. michael22 Apr 22, 2017

I don't own a Speedy. Two reasons being: cluttered dial on many models; I can't find any personal use for the tachy.
    I can't help but feel I am in the minority, especially on OF.:D

Matty01 likes this.
  10. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 23, 2017

You are not alone... :D

Matty01 and michael22 like this.
  11. WYO_Watch Apr 23, 2017

I just landed one for what I think is a decent price. I will try it out and may stick with the Railmaster. The speedy line has history, unlike the railmaster chronograph. I am pretty sure this model of the Railmaster is significantly more expensive as a non-chrono. My feeble brain would assume that the complications on it would increase the price, but value is subjective I suppose.

12. Perseus Apr 24, 2017

If you can afford it, I would wait for a few months until the honeymoon period wears off on the Speedy before deciding to sell the railmaster.

13. Perseus Apr 24, 2017

I'm guessing it's the simplicity of the Railmaster that so many people like and adding the chronograph makes it a different animal.

ConElPueblo and Sconniebt like this.
  14. Sconniebt Apr 24, 2017

I agree completely. Most that love the railmaster love simple balanced dials. And the chrono clutters it up a bit IMO. What is the case size on the railmaster Chrono?

15. WYO_Watch Apr 24, 2017

BIG haha at least it feels that way on my wrist.
    I think its just a 42mm excluding crown and pushers, but it is thicker in depth than the Speedmaster professional.

16. WYO_Watch Apr 29, 2017

Well gang... she has arrived and I am in love. Which is a good thing, since I sold railmaster last week. The speedy fits so much better IMO than the railmaster did. The height really does make a difference. Someday I may grab myself another RM but for now I am content.

IMG_6269.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG
    tyrantlizardrex and efauser like this.
  17. michael22 Apr 29, 2017

Trying to be objective, the Speedy is no more cluttered than the RM. But the RM still looks more legible, to me. I suppose that's just personal.

Matty01 and WYO_Watch like this.