Forums Latest Members
  1. Tubber May 25, 2024

There is a thread about various sports, F1 included, does anyone watch MotoGP?
    Just finished the Sprint race in the 6th MotoGP of the season.
    Raul Fernandez crashed out in the lead.
    Brad Binder crashed out in the lead.
    Bagnaia crashed out in the lead on the last lap.
    Aleix Espargaro (at his home circuit) came 1st after announcing his retirement yesterday.
    Marc Marquez 2nd (after starting 14th on the grid and losing a winglet on the upper left side of his fairing) .
    Pedro Acosta 3rd on his 20th Birthday. Only one Ducati in the top 3 and 3 Spanish riders.
    Looks like the remainder of the season should be good. Unfortunate none of the Japanese companies are competitive.

itsjustausername likes this.
  2. itsjustausername May 25, 2024

I don’t get to watch as much as I’d like, but every race I see is exciting, spectacular, and intense

3. Evitzee May 25, 2024

I was a big follower of MotoGP when I used to go to Phillip Island and Laguna Seca, but that was in the era of Mick Doohan, Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez. I just haven't been enthused over the riders the last five years or so, don't see any 'great' champions emerging. I've tuned in to a couple of races this year, but no great races. I'll give it another look.

vbrad26 likes this.
  4. Tubber May 25, 2024

I reckon Pedro Acosta is a 'great' champion emerging, his riding style is quite extreme, the amount he hangs off. Marc Marquez is competitive again on the Gresini Ducati. Jorge Martin is doing exceptionally well, he really should have won last year. The format has also changed. They have a Sprint race on Saturday and full length race on Sunday. In 2027 there is a raft of changes coming in. Capacity down to 850cc, restrictions on aero, no ride height devices. Hopefully things will be a bit safer.

gostang9 likes this.
  5. gostang9 May 29, 2024

I'm a huge fan of motogp, and moto2. I subscribe to the app and watch every race. PAcosta is a treat to watch, as are the battles between the top 3 Italian riders this year. I'm a real BBinder fan, but it's wild to see how Acosta is outperforming him already. In Moto2, I've been an Ogura fan for years, and watching the young guns battle for a GP seat is fantastic. The amount of passing (whether by faster riders, or attrition) makes for frequent levels of excitement rarely matched on-track in F1.

6. DSotW Europol’s Most Wanted May 29, 2024

Used to. When Marquez came in and then Rossi left I lost interest.

Also, watching racing (MotoGP or F1) on a Sunday afternoon is the ultimate way to guarantee I fall asleep. Must be droning noise of the motors...

One thing I do not fall asleep to is die Grüne Hölle and the 24h du Mans.

vbrad26 likes this.
  7. vbrad26 May 29, 2024

I used to be really into MGP back when the roster had names like Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Hayden (RIP).....
    I still love to watch it when I happen to see it, but I hardly ever do anymore.

DSotW likes this.