Forums Latest Members
  1. ndgal May 8, 2019

Just ordered an extract two days ago and today went to order another one and saw this:

[​IMG]

lustrousaurus and Dash1 like this.
  2. 77deluxe May 8, 2019

Technically that is only about a month away.

Otterina, lustrousaurus and efauser like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 8, 2019

Oo, I wonder if this means they can produce extracts for watches they could not do previously. I keep hearing that they have much more info, but just haven't gone through it all.

Seaborg, wwhntr, stefman and 3 others like this.
  4. ndgal May 8, 2019

Unless you're in Antarctica...

5. w154 May 8, 2019

I ordered my very first one just over a week ago. Wonder if I’m going to have a looooong wait :(

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 8, 2019

Northern hemisphereists!

7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 8, 2019

its always a long wait :)

8. Texas Toast May 8, 2019

Last week I filled out the online form only to encounter a dead “Order” button; guess they hadn’t sorted their closed-for-a-bit messaging, but an Omega rep eventually replied to an email explaining.

No biggie on a long(er) wait; just think it’s nice they make archive data available. I’ve already dated within a matter of days or less based on Ilovemyspeedmaster.com and some other interesting data gathered along the way so no big news to be had. Still, that little piece of paper will be nice to complete a package.

9. AdInfinitum May 8, 2019

When you find out Omega doesn't want to accept your $$$ until June-August:
    [​IMG]

10. wwhntr May 9, 2019

OP might consider editing title of this thread!

I ordered my first extract yesterday via Swatch Group US and received the email response below. So, I called the customer service number at bottom of the email and was told there would be no extracts until NEXT YEAR!!!! A very vague response and a bit discouraging since my first extract was for an Ultraman I recently acquired in a multi watch trade.

“We thank you for your email as well as your interest in obtaining an Extract of the Archives.

In response to the exponential growth of 'Extract from the Archives' requests, we developed a watch records search system that proved to be highly successful. Having already met the expectations of our discerning customers, we would now like to exceed them, by investing time and effort into maintaining and improving our 'Extract from the Archives' tool.

At the same time, we are moving a big part of our archives to updated premises close to OMEGA's new Museum that will open its doors in the near future. Please note that for the duration of this work, the 'Extract from the Archives' service will not be available.

To be notified on the precise date the 'Extract from the Archives' service will be reintroduced, please subscribe via the below listed link.

https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/extract-of-the-archives

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
    Maryanne Meyers-Duda
    Representative / Customer Service
    The Swatch Group U.S.
    55 Metro Way, Suite#1
    Secaucus, NJ 07094
    Phone: 1-877-839-5224www.sguscustomerservice.com

AdInfinitum likes this.
  11. dputydwg1 May 9, 2019

Bummer

12. w154 May 10, 2019

The Omega website still states “Summer 2019” so that’s the date I’d be more inclined to believe. I just hope those that have paid for an extract in the last weeks will be dealt with in the normal timeframe.

13. Ian_km May 10, 2019

Well I submitted my request and paid on the 4th April, hopefully they are still honouring the backlog.

14. Inushuk May 10, 2019

I ordered mine for my 69 Speedy on March 30th...
    Hope it will arrive soon

15. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan May 10, 2019

Thank 'fakk' I got my arse in gear at Xmas! ::shy:: That's a bit of an inconvenience for people who really need one to vary that 'all is well'.::confused2:: I hope that get things up and running ASAP.

16. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 10, 2019

Quick! Sell all those speedies with aeamaater movements while you can!

Seaborg, Foo2rama, frederico and 3 others like this.
  17. BatDad May 10, 2019

Any thoughts on whether they’ll make the extract process more self service and results available online, immediately/very quickly.

It’s the ‘exceed expectations’ comment that makes me think this.

<Conjecture>
    What do we think the impact to the ‘value’ that an extract provides if it wasn’t mailed in the beautiful red sleeve but instead printed off at home?
    </Conjecture>

kkt likes this.
  18. w154 May 11, 2019

I think having the results permanently available online would be a good thing. I’m not sure if fake extracts are a problem, but if you could check any issued extract online it would help stamp that out.

Edited May 11, 2019
    BatDad likes this.
  19. rob#1 May 11, 2019

What about the auction houses that need to ‘ahem’ check the provenance of their incredibly rare auction lots? I wonder if they will also have to wait (images of brown paper envelopes come to mind :cool:)?

agw_fl, drhex and oddboy like this.
  20. kyu May 11, 2019

I ordered mine in early March for my 2887 constellation. Got it today. Didn't take too long. The rep did tell me to be patient. The longest wait he's ever seen was 6 months. Just throwing out my results and feedback for perspective.

Ian_km likes this.